SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2009, 12:24 AM   #21
OldNuc
OldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant future

1998 SC2
Default Re: 1999 SL2 won't start, door looks, radio & chime dead

Well, you can clip the power leads out of the harness and connect them to your new fuse panel that will be in that area. Having that connector/adapter prevents some odd mistakes.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2009, 11:22 PM   #22
demoncamber
demoncamber is on a distinguished road

1997 SC2

Ok well tables have turned. I finally found out what the issue was. I need some help identifying this cable.

Apparently the black woven cable that runs under the drivers side seat got caught in the lock lever for the seat adjustment. It consists of a green, red and thicker gauged wire wrapped in blue foil. Could someone please let me know what this cable is for? Both the red and the thick blue foil wire were frayed and grounding out on the metal of the seat lever.

I discovered this when tonight the fuse blew again just after I moved my seat.

FINALLY some closure....

Anyway, I will fix this tomorrow. Just wanna know what this cable is to.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to demoncamber's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help demoncamber reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
demoncamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:52 PM   #23
OldNuc
OldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant future

1998 SC2

Best guess is that its the power and control signals to the CD Changer that can be mounted back in the trunk.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-11-2009, 01:22 AM   #24
demoncamber
demoncamber is on a distinguished road

1997 SC2

Well, if that's the case I will just completely disconnect that cable harness. I did away with the cd changer when I put my new head unit in and have been using my ipod instead.

I remember seeing where that cable runs when I took apart my center console.

easy peasy

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to demoncamber's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help demoncamber reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
demoncamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:12 AM   #25
OldNuc

1998 SC2

Be sure to verify that is all it does, first. Murphy says that you find all the hidden functions of a removed component long after you forget that it has been removed.

If you had the remote CD changer in the car that is likely what it is though.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-31-2016, 07:31 PM   #26
Exaalt
Exaalt is on a distinguished road

First time posting on here but I've been reading a lot if anyone can help I'm having very similar problems. I bought a 1995 Saturn sl2 about a year ago with no electrical problems and just about a week ago I hooked up the car lighter that was never hooked up and used it to charge my phone and then the next day the car would just keep cranking and not actually start I thought it was my fuel pump since I'd been having problems with that so I replaced that and when I went to start it I noticed there was no chime, the dome light doesn't turn on and the radio is just all static the chime fuse wasn't blown but I switched the fuse and it started, the next day I had the same problem except I just pulled the fuse out and put it in and it worked and once again the next day same exact thing except switching fuses isn't working anymore. The fuses aren't blown though and I can't figure it out for the life of me
Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Exaalt's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Exaalt reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Exaalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 07:41 AM   #27
trottida
trottida is a glorious beacon of lighttrottida is a glorious beacon of lighttrottida is a glorious beacon of lighttrottida is a glorious beacon of lighttrottida is a glorious beacon of lighttrottida is a glorious beacon of light

Location: North of North of Toronto, Northern Ontario, Canada

1999 SL2
2001 SL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaalt View Post
First time posting on here but I've been reading a lot if anyone can help I'm having very similar problems. I bought a 1995 Saturn sl2 about a year ago with no electrical problems and just about a week ago I hooked up the car lighter that was never hooked up and used it to charge my phone and then the next day the car would just keep cranking and not actually start I thought it was my fuel pump since I'd been having problems with that so I replaced that and when I went to start it I noticed there was no chime, the dome light doesn't turn on and the radio is just all static the chime fuse wasn't blown but I switched the fuse and it started, the next day I had the same problem except I just pulled the fuse out and put it in and it worked and once again the next day same exact thing except switching fuses isn't working anymore. The fuses aren't blown though and I can't figure it out for the life of me
Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks
Did you read post #3 and post #5? Click the link, read it and then investigate on your own car. It is highly probable that this is your issue and it is well documented. Every time you move the fuse the connection is restored; pin f-5 is the part in which the fuse plugs into, if you look on the other side from the drivers foot well you can see f-5 and it will likely show signs of arching (burning). The lighter was not designed to handle the loads of some chargers and this burns the f-5 pin. The fuel pump, radio, dome light & lighter run on the same circuit.

Current rides
2001 SL1 MT (403,500 km @ 04/2017)
1999 SL2 MT (240,500 km @ 04/2017)
2005 Suburban Z71 (290,500 km @ 04/2017)

:canada:

Last edited by trottida; 04-01-2016 at 07:48 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to trottida's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help trottida reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
trottida is offline   Reply With Quote