SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Sky > Sky General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2015, 04:47 PM   #1
Ubie
Ubie is on a distinguished road

1999 SL2
Default Interested in a Sky, advice?

So, the wife has given tentative approval on buying a roadster type vehicle, since we have a more practical primary car we can rely on. With that said, I've loved my SL2, but it will definitely be finding a new home by the spring. The Sky has certainly caught my eye, but I don't have much background info on them.

To get to the point: Is there a thread or a resource for the kinds of things I should be looking for in a 2008-ish Sky? There's a good one for the S-series cars, but I'm not finding anything, anywhere for the Sky. I can do a lot of wrenching on my own, but things like frame issues, mechanically induced rusting (like around the battery tray on 914s), and anything involving a lift I can't do. I'll deal if the specific one I procure has a one-off issue, but if there's an endemic problem, I want to go in with my eyes open (such as the S-series burning oil).

I'm not picky as to the Redline/Base side of things, and it will be my DD for a 24mi round trip commute. I'm in a temperate climate (50-85deg year round), so the convertible will be nice. I'm thinking I may look for an automatic because driving a stick in stop-and-go traffic after 5 years of the SL2 is getting old in more ways than one. A Solstice is out questions, I don't like their aesthetics and think the Sky looks much better.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ubie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ubie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ubie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2015, 05:52 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Interested in a Sky, advice?

No replies even from Sky members? That's one hint but you might try googling other forums related to Sky's or Soltices; http://www.skyroadster.com or http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...redline-71673/

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 06:02 PM   #3
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

alot of improvements during first (2007) model year. id go with 08 or 09. 2009 started cutting cost a little so 2008 a little nicer. if you fid a 2010 buy it. 8 of them built. great looking car. very impractical even for a 2 seat convert.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 09:56 AM   #4
VUEmaniac
VUEmaniac has a spectacular aura aboutVUEmaniac has a spectacular aura aboutVUEmaniac has a spectacular aura about

1997 SC2

For about the same $$$, you could get the same vintage Miata and have something that would be easier to get parts for and would be more reliable as a daily driver.

I like the way the sky looks though.

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts, but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. -Frank Herbert-

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VUEmaniac's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VUEmaniac reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VUEmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 03:54 PM   #5
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

true. i have a first year 90 miata ive had since new. the miata is alot more practical and easier to drive much more room and visability but the sky is an amazing looking car...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 10:34 PM   #6
Ubie
Ubie is on a distinguished road

1999 SL2

Yeah, there a ton a ton of Miatas in the area, but they don't really do it for me. Much like the Solstice doesn't. Thankfully I'm not looking for practical in any way shape or form .

Found a 2007 Redline to go look at in the morning, I'll let you know what I think!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ubie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ubie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ubie is offline   Reply With Quote