SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2015, 07:22 PM   #1
Meloche1
Meloche1 is on a distinguished road

2002 SC1
Default Passenger front seat belt

Hi ..... this spring, #2 son opened the sunroof, and it hadn't been opened in quite some time, so the drivers side jammed, while the right side moved to the back, putting the sunroof glass on an angle....to make a long story short, I just replaced the sunroof module. Had to take headliner down, so I decided to remove it and recover it. When I took the RF seat shoulder belt off, everything all went flying ( washers, brass bushing and a spring), now I can't figure what order it goes back together. Has anyone had theirs off? No help in the service guide ( I work at a GM Dealer)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Meloche1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Meloche1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Meloche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2015, 08:10 PM   #2
toggenburg
Master Member
toggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to beholdtoggenburg is a splendid one to behold

Location: Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Bedford, Virginia

2001 SL1
Default Re: Passenger front seat belt

I never had mine apart, but would think that the assembly shouldn't be hard to figure out, IF you have all the parts.
Probably the bushing goes in first, place the spring on over the bushing then washer(s) on top of that to hold the spring compressed.

If in doubt, gently undo the other side seatbelt and see how it goes together.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to toggenburg's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help toggenburg reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
toggenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 11:33 PM   #3
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud of

2001 SC2
Default Re: Passenger front seat belt

You don't "put it back together" (unless you have special tools 99.9% of places "not a seat belt manufacturer" don't have)...you replace the belt with one that isn't a broken pile of plastic. Not too tricky, think it's a T55 on the shoulder attachment and maybe T45's for the lower attachment.

The proper way to fix a S-Series automatic is to replace it with a 5spd O:)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote