SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2013, 07:36 AM   #1
the85darkknight
the85darkknight is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE
Default Alternative Headlight Bulb Replacement

Someone managed to change their headlight bulbs without dropping the front fascia on the vehicle. The video is poorly shot, but he gets the point across:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr9kL7xqFNo

All he did was remove the 10mm bolts on the top cover as well as the 7mm ones pinning the headlight assemblies. After that, he would prop up the the middle with a soda can and then pop the headlight over the fender so he would have enough room to slip his hand in and remove the light bulbs. I hope this comes in handy for someone. I may try it for marker and turn signal replacement. Dropping the front fascia is still a good exercise.

I saw an old post that mentions replacing the H11s with H9s. This person claims a higher lumen output. Is there any truth to this?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to the85darkknight's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help the85darkknight reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
the85darkknight is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #2
kiran
kiran is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
Default Re: Alternative Headlight Bulb Replacement

I got a set of H11 bulbs from a company called Putco:
- PURE high performance halogen bulbs
- nitro blue, 6000k, 12V, 55W

They cost me $30 or $60, I can't remeber to tell you the truth it's one or the other but they're a good light. I think it was $30 something.
The picture is a comparison to standard lights.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7955.jpg (96.6 KB, 36 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kiran's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kiran reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:13 PM   #3
the85darkknight
the85darkknight is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran View Post
I got a set of H11 bulbs from a company called Putco:
- PURE high performance halogen bulbs
- nitro blue, 6000k, 12V, 55W

They cost me $30 or $60, I can't remeber to tell you the truth it's one or the other but they're a good light. I think it was $30 something.
The picture is a comparison to standard lights.
I bought those, and they are not safe for driving. They are for auxiliary lighting only as they do not project onto the road as your normal H11s will.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to the85darkknight's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help the85darkknight reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
the85darkknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:25 PM   #4
08CarbonFlashXR
08CarbonFlashXR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by the85darkknight View Post
Someone managed to change their headlight bulbs without dropping the front fascia on the vehicle. The video is poorly shot, but he gets the point across:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr9kL7xqFNo

All he did was remove the 10mm bolts on the top cover as well as the 7mm ones pinning the headlight assemblies. After that, he would prop up the the middle with a soda can and then pop the headlight over the fender so he would have enough room to slip his hand in and remove the light bulbs. I hope this comes in handy for someone. I may try it for marker and turn signal replacement. Dropping the front fascia is still a good exercise.

I saw an old post that mentions replacing the H11s with H9s. This person claims a higher lumen output. Is there any truth to this?
I just did the drivers side last night on a 2008 and just found this video. I don't see how he can rotate the light housing since the 3rd bolt beyond the 2 top 7mm ones that holds it to body (10mm) is accessed from below the housing. Has anyone else "popped" it over without removing that bolt?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 08CarbonFlashXR's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 08CarbonFlashXR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
08CarbonFlashXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:38 PM   #5
PeterXR
PeterXR is on a distinguished road

Yeah, those H9s will out perform any standard wattage H11 by a very far margin. Keep those funky blue lights for the disco, as once the road is wet you won't see squat with them. Just do a google search on H9 conversion and you'll see the light (I had to through that in...).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PeterXR's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PeterXR reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PeterXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:35 PM   #6
golftango
golftango is on a distinguished road

I call BS on this. The lens is bolted on the bottom corner under the bumper cover:

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=183711

Unless by doing that, you are bending the plastic mounting tab under the cover which is probably not good.

'12 Honda Pilot EX-L & '13 Suzuki Kizashi S 6MT

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to golftango's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help golftango reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
golftango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 02:38 PM   #7
tyeayo
tyeayo is a jewel in the roughtyeayo is a jewel in the roughtyeayo is a jewel in the rough

worked great for me

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tyeayo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tyeayo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tyeayo is offline   Reply With Quote