SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Introductions & Greetings
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2015, 08:22 AM   #1
StimulisRK
StimulisRK is on a distinguished road

Thumbs Up Buying 06 Vue Redline - NY

Hey guys - I'm buying a 2006 Redline tonight, I've been doing a ton of research lately, and most of my info I've been getting from this site, so I figured I'd join! It's got 155,000 miles, but I got the guy down to $3,000 and he's an older gentleman who really takes care of his vehicles.
I've got a lot of good info, but I'll probably have more questions soon (already figured out the roof rack situation, but can't seem to find any new floor mats).

I've always been a Honda kid, still have 2 Si's, and got really excited when I found out some of the V6 Vue's have J35 powertrain and drivetrain! I've been looking at CR-V's for reliability, and was shocked when I came across the V6 Vue's with J35's - they're so much cheaper because of the Saturn name, and I think they look better.

I'll post up some pics when I get it!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to StimulisRK's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help StimulisRK reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
StimulisRK is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2015, 01:04 PM   #2
mikec
mikec will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Buying 06 Vue Redline - NY

Welcome to saturnfans.com and congrats on your upcoming purchase! I believe that Redline Vue's are all AWD so that should be good for those snowy Rochester winters. It's a nice city. My Dad was born there.

One thing to watch out for is the catalytic converter or CATCON. I had to get rid of my second Vue last year because I had to put about 2K into it to pass inspection. Then the CATCON went out right afterwards. To replace it along with the other expenses would have been more than my Vue was worth.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mikec's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mikec reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mikec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 10:40 AM   #3
StimulisRK
StimulisRK is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Buying 06 Vue Redline - NY

Checked out the cat and it looks good; the whole exhaust system as a whole looks great for the car having 159,000 miles.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to StimulisRK's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help StimulisRK reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
StimulisRK is offline   Reply With Quote