SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2015, 05:02 PM   #1
havok
havok is on a distinguished road

Default 2007 Vue Greenline liftgate wiring harness

Thanks be to the almighty termite, whose hole alignment to manually lock/unlock the liftgate in my Vue was so spot on I only needed to drill a 3/8 inch hole for access.

But now the problem wasn't the lock actuator, of course. Once open, the actuator worked perfectly. My first instinct was that it was getting weak after 150,000 miles and that I should still put in the replacement not a big deal and only $50 expended. With the new OEM part in place, I found the same result the actuator works when the liftgate is open but not closed. So, I pulled the rubber boot out of the body and liftgate and I see bare copper on some of the wires. Unfortunately, there is no where near enough slack for me to pull this clump of wiring out far enough to effect repairs.

So, my question then becomes, does the liftgate wiring harness feed all the way back up to the fuse box, etc. or is there another connector under the headliner such that the liftgate wiring harness could be replaced and just plugged back in? If such a thing is possible, does anyone know the part number? If such a thing isn't possible, does anyone have a wiring diagram so I know which wires I have to try and deal with in that wiring mess?

Thanks, as always, for everyone's valuable assistance.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to havok's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help havok reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
havok is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2015, 05:44 PM   #2
billysvue
Master Member
billysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: 2007 Vue Greenline liftgate wiring harness

I would think that harness disconnects- apart from the main harness. It has to. It should also have a part # on it... Is the interior trim off of the gate?

All kinds of parts info/ parts diagrams below''''''''
http://parts.nalleygmc.com/productSe...ukey_make=1031

or if you get lost , you can call MOnday, or someone else will chime in...
Nalley Buick GMC Brunswick Parts Department
Phone: (866)-348-3569 | M-F, 9-5 EST | Emails answered on extended hours
Address: 178 Altama Connector Brunswick, GA 31525

'05 ,2.2L, FWD,5-speed stick with transaxle death rattle is history,,,
'17 Suby Forester

245216 mi. VUe is off to the dealer auction
I'm a secondhand vegetarian.
Cows eat grass, I eat cows.

Last edited by billysvue; 08-02-2015 at 05:54 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billysvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billysvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billysvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 08:41 AM   #3
havok
havok is on a distinguished road

Default Re: 2007 Vue Greenline liftgate wiring harness

Thanks for the response.

I would also believe that the lift gate wiring harness must disconnect from the primary wiring harness and logic would suggest that disconnect would be under the headliner, or the plastic piece, just inside the lift gate, on the other side of the bellows but I'm not sure. I did have the lift gate interior trim off as I did replace the lock actuator. I didn't immediately see any part numbers.

I did follow your link and spent 20 minutes or so going through the part listings but did not see anything about the wiring harness for the lift gate.

Hopefully, someone else has some additional pointers.

Thanks again all suggestions are appreciated.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to havok's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help havok reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
havok is offline   Reply With Quote