SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Introductions & Greetings
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2015, 01:10 PM   #1
RetiredGuy
RetiredGuy will become famous soon enough

2004 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Goodbye, Saturnfans....

I am sincerely sorry to be leaving but with the recent trade in of my 2004 L-300 for a 2014 Impala LT there is little reason for me to remain on this forum. But I must state my Saturn was the best d*mn vehicle I ever owned for the money and I will miss it, as well as this forum. I am sincerely sorry that GM chose to discontinue the brand...I recall lying on a table back in 2008 while donating another pint of AB positive at the local Saturn dealership that was hosting a blood drive for the Red Cross and thinking:

"EVERY SINGLE MODEL they have displayed on the showroom floor is a car I would LOVE TO OWN...EVERY ONE...."

I finally purchased my first Saturn from the famed "little old lady" who was my MIL at the time...best car I ever owned for the buck, so many people have borrowed it over the past two years and asked if they could buy it, I feel guilty about trading it in. For a 4 door sedan it was amazingly sporty and fun to drive...I wish it had been available with a stick shift...

Although I have not posted here much as I have several other vehicles to care for: Y2K GMC Yukon XL 2500, 2014 Equinox LT, '53 Ford Jubilee (restored) and '85 LTD Crown Vic (restored) 2005 JD 4310, and a 1989 JD 318 (restored) as well as a lot of other projects to accomplish. Just FYI I am a 63 year old retiree who lives in Central Michigan and built his own house on an 15 acre country estate...I have been retired since late 2002.

And, for what it may be worth...I am totally deaf and have been so since the age of 10 years old, but have had a simply wonderful life, A GREAT career with fine people to work for as well as so many other positive factors.

Thanks again to everyone for your acceptance and understanding here on this forum...I WILL MISS YOU ALL.

"I didn't plan to do anything today, and by noon I was already half done."

Last edited by RetiredGuy; 06-21-2015 at 01:15 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RetiredGuy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RetiredGuy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RetiredGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2015, 07:15 PM   #2
J_alva91
J_alva91 is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Sedan
Default Re: Goodbye, Saturnfans....

dang, you sound like the definition of a saturnFAN. lol

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to J_alva91's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help J_alva91 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
J_alva91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 08:09 AM   #3
Astrofarian
Astrofarian is on a distinguished road

2001 SC2
Default Re: Goodbye, Saturnfans....

I agree with the post above....it seems to me that you have a wealth of experience and insight to draw from that a lot of the members here could continue to benefit from. It's not just about ownership; it's about involvement!
Hands-on people are getting fewer and further between these days. Hope you keep your nose in here for awhile!
-Mike-

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Astrofarian's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Astrofarian reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Astrofarian is offline   Reply With Quote