SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Introductions & Greetings
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2015, 11:07 PM   #1
TaurusTom
TaurusTom is on a distinguished road

Default New here having Tran's problem

Hello everyone my gf has a 02 sl1. The transmission finally went but she has put 300k mile's on it so I guess it's time. So I went and picked up a decent salvage yard trans. Worked great for first day other than it revved high in first the other gear's worked fine even reverse and no gear slamming even got better I'm assuming the learning process. Now she drove it got the temps up to normal around town went to Walmart goes to leave won't shift out of 1st ( this is a sohc auto BTW replaced with sohc just a cpl years older) and I get the p0723-4 2nd 3rd and 4th incorrect ratio. Any idea's? I've searched and came up with vlv body replacement and input output nut. Just stumped and tired of playing with it since I had to do the swap between rain took me almost a week to do it. I really hate rain now lol.thanks in advance and sorry so long or in the wrong place. New to the forum things

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TaurusTom's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TaurusTom reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TaurusTom is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2015, 02:36 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: New here having Tran's problem

Hardly anyone reads the community posts so it may be wiser to post again in the S-series Tech forums for more replies.

As far as engines go, remove and examine the transplanted engine's coolant sensor - engines up to '01 have faulty round nosed plastic sensors failing, sometimes affecting xmission shifts.. A tell tale indicator besides examining it is the temperature gauge needle hovering over the 1/4 mark. The flat nosed brass sensor corrects this problem. Another issue may be an old thermostat >10 years old and running cooler than normal. A reader displaying coolant temps can help.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote