SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2015, 10:19 PM   #1
BlueVueMN
BlueVueMN is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L
Default 2005 Saturn Vue turns over, but wont start + IC wont work

My 2005 Saturn Vue was working perfectly. Then, I went to church Sunday morning, came back out and now it wont start. The battery is strong with clean connections, but when I turn the key into the accessory position, the instrument cluster does not power on like it is supposed to. Furthermore, when I turn the key to start the Vue, it turns over, but it will not start and I don't hear the fuel pump kick in. Everything else electrical in the car works just fine. I have checked all the fuses inside and outside. I have checked all the grounds. I have made sure that the 2 ECM plugs are connected securely. I do not know what else to do. One other thing to note, is that the key cylinder is stripped, so I can normally pull out the key while the engine is running.

Question #1: Any guesses what is wrong with the instrument cluster?

Question #2: Could it be caused by the stripped ignition cylinder or is it possibly a bad ECM? I am stumped that one second it worked, and then boom, nothing. Help?! Thanx

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BlueVueMN's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BlueVueMN reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BlueVueMN is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2015, 10:40 PM   #2
quoya
quoya is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: 2005 Saturn Vue turns over, but wont start + IC wont work

I am in the same situation, I have a 2006 Vue and I went shopping Friday night luckily one mile from home and the car just shut off and now it will not restart, used the autotex 6000 didn't get any trouble codes, but the car will not run for more than 30 minutes before it shuts off. Any suggestions?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to quoya's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help quoya reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
quoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 04:50 PM   #3
babygirlnes
babygirlnes has a spectacular aura aboutbabygirlnes has a spectacular aura about

2004 VUE 2.2L
2004 ION-3 Sedan
Default Re: 2005 Saturn Vue turns over, but wont start + IC wont work

sounds like my problems. try to pull codes, if any. I would start there. it could be one of a 100 problems, iam learning. one good tip I did get, was the crankshaft position sensor. $22 part at auto zone. not easy to get to on my 04 2.2L vue. its behind the starter. and take to dealer to replace the ignition switch, its was recalled and free. I had that done too.

FEMALE + SATURN VUE STICK = SEXY
FEMALE + COOLING FAN CIRCUIT ERROR = BIG $ 4 AUTO SHOP!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to babygirlnes's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help babygirlnes reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
babygirlnes is offline   Reply With Quote