SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2015, 12:11 AM   #1
SeanW
SeanW is on a distinguished road

Default 2002 L200 custom shifter help

Hello,

So I recently purchased a manual 2002 L200 and am wanting to put a custom shifter but I cannot find a reasonably priced non-threaded adapter to be able to screw on a custom shifter. any links to adapters that work would be helpful!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SeanW's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SeanW reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SeanW is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2015, 10:30 PM   #2
born again
born again is a glorious beacon of lightborn again is a glorious beacon of lightborn again is a glorious beacon of lightborn again is a glorious beacon of lightborn again is a glorious beacon of light

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
2000 L-Series 2.2L Wagon
Default Re: 2002 L200 custom shifter help

Unfortunately, the shift knob appears to be permanently attached to the lever. If you don't like the appearance of the standard knob maybe you could make a small cover of leather or fur or ???.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to born again's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help born again reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
born again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 09:49 AM   #3
Zsolt
Zsolt is on a distinguished road

Default Re: 2002 L200 custom shifter help

I have the same car just an 03. The shifter is not permanently attached. However the end of the shifter (the metal) is a rough cross diamond pattern to give it texture. The shift knob itself on the inside is made out of a durable plastic that attaches to the rough metal via those etchings with friction. You can simply pull it off. Though I don't recommend it as every time you do so the plastic wears away and eventually it'll just twirl on top of the metal. I've searched endlessly for a new knob that will fit, but after a year I've given up. Just short of ripping out the core of the OEM shifter and attaching it to an aftermarket one, or just custom making one, I'm out of ideas. Good luck though!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Zsolt's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Zsolt reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Zsolt is offline   Reply With Quote