SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2015, 06:59 PM   #1
jaredthefail
jaredthefail is on a distinguished road

Dizzy 97 Sl2 keeps blowing ign 3 30a Maxi fuse

So I have a 97 sl2 auto with 205k miles on it that we bought new in 97, but recently, every time I put the key in the RUN or START position, the ign3 30a Maxi fuse blows. I cleaned the little corrosion inside the fuse and on the battery terminals and it fixed it for about a day. I'm starting to think it is the key switch that's shorting because I replaced the starter last year. Any ideas??

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jaredthefail's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jaredthefail reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jaredthefail is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2015, 07:10 PM   #2
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2
Default Re: 97 Sl2 keeps blowing ign 3 30a Maxi fuse

Back to your tag onto a long dead thread, go read what is in there and then post he answers here. I am guessing you are blowing the 30A large green fuse in the engine fuse box. This is the drawing: http://www.saturnfans.com/photos/sho...pg-3/cat/12963

Pull the fuses in the inside fuse box and then try cranking the starter, car will not start but you will have some idea as to what may be the problem.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote