SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2015, 04:17 PM   #1
Alfa
Alfa is on a distinguished road

Default After Market Radio Saturn SL2 Power Issue

Hello, I bought an aftermarket radio for my Saturn SL2 2001 and I attempted to connect the "Metra 70-2002 Radio Wiring Harness for Saturn 00-05" to my aftermarket radio but there is no power to the new unit. The old unit still has power when I connect it but the new one does not.

I called Bestbuy's car installation service for support and they said this adapter cannot connect the red power supply wiring correctly and that it would have to be run directly to the ignition. Has anyone heard of such a problem? All videos and reviews that I have read, people just plugged in the wiring harness and the unit works.

I'm just kind of disappointed because now after all this work and hassle, I might still have to fork over $60 something dollars to have the radio installed.

If anyone has any information on this or any guide on wiring the red power supply to the ignition, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Alfa's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Alfa reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2015, 06:03 PM   #2
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud of

2001 SC2
Default Re: After Market Radio Saturn SL2 Power Issue

3rd gens are extra fun. Radio only needs 12-13 wires and GM decided to make it a 20+ wire connector.
Match function to function rather than color to color, there have been a few reports of some assembly idiot at the factory for the aftermarket harness's putting the wrong wires in the pins.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/dt...030545_pic.gif

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote