SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2014, 02:14 AM   #1
iSprenk
iSprenk is on a distinguished road

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Idea Replacing all lights in 2002 L200 with LEDs, help needed.

I'm looking to replace any lights in my 2002 L200 with LEDs that I possibly can. I've already done my brakes and reverse lights, and they're all working great. My next step will likely be the dome lights (although there's actually a video detailing that, so I'll be able to do that myself. Any color suggestions, though?)
After that, I'll be looking to do the climate control module lights, as many of them have burnt out anyway.
After that, I want to do the turn signals. I've read that installing LEDs can cause hyperblinking, as the car thinks that the light is burnt out due to the smaller amount of power being used. Would I need to get a resistor for this, or would it work well without one?
I'm also looking to replace my headlights, but I can't choose between Xenon and LED. Opinions/pros & cons for each?
I'd also like to replace the lights in my window control buttons, but I'm not sure if the LEDs already installed in those are soldered to the board or not. I'd rather put in something that'll match the other bulbs I'm installing.
Last but not least, I'll be replacing the lights in my dashboard. I've seen videos of how to take it out, but I'm not sure what LEDs I would need.

If anyone knows the types of bulb that I need for any of these, I would love to know. I'm quite the novice at cars, but I build computers, so this would be a nice transition into getting to know how to work on vehicles, as this is fairly similar.
(Sorry for the long post; I wanted to put as much detail as possible, and the L-series doesn't seem to be all that popular online, as I could barely find any L-series videos on YouTube.)
Thanks for any much-needed help!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to iSprenk's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help iSprenk reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
iSprenk is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2014, 07:33 AM   #2
billysvue
Master Member
billysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Replacing all lights in 2002 L200 with LEDs, help needed.

Just go to superbrightleds and input your yr/make/model- they should be able to tell you what you need.
https://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/...acement-bulbs/

'05 ,2.2L, FWD,5-speed stick with transaxle death rattle is history,,,
'17 Suby Forester

245216 mi. VUe is off to the dealer auction
I'm a secondhand vegetarian.
Cows eat grass, I eat cows.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billysvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billysvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billysvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 09:34 AM   #3
iSprenk

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Yep, I've been there. I'm just not sure which ones I need, and where I would be putting that particular bulb. Would you happen to know the bulb types that I need, and what they go to? Thanks for the quick reply, by the way.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help iSprenk reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-21-2014, 05:01 PM   #4
Russet
Russet will become famous soon enoughRusset will become famous soon enough

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2002 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSprenk View Post
Yep, I've been there. I'm just not sure which ones I need, and where I would be putting that particular bulb. Would you happen to know the bulb types that I need, and what they go to? Thanks for the quick reply, by the way.
Check with your local parts store and they can tell you want bulbs they are and you can then use the site to order the right one. Otherwise get those bulb numbers from the dealer and you can be sure which one they are.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Russet's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Russet reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Russet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 01:09 PM   #5
iSprenk

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Question Re: Replacing all lights in 2002 L200 with LEDs, help needed.

Would this suffice?
http***://modifiedlife.com/2002-saturn-l200-automotive-light-bulb-sizes/
(Remove that "***". I'm too new to post URLs. XD)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!