SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2014, 08:11 AM   #1
Darkone
Darkone is on a distinguished road

Dizzy Very Wierd Heating issue SW2 1995 DOHC

Ok so my problem I believe to be one of a kind. My problem happens when its cold or even on a good day at 60-70ish my sw2 will not really warm up like its supposed to and eats through my gas faster at cooler temps. know what's confusing me is how fast I can loose what little heat I've gained while sitting at a light at idle. any thing over 35mph for less then a minute an my sw2 is arcing up the rpms again to try keeping hot, And forget about turning on the heater in the car. I know its supposed to be able to at least maintain the 1/2 heat but its never gotten above 1/3 mark. Could it be a stuck thermostat or something with the radiator. I know my friends car has a set screw in his for winter to help heat build.

Also this is some what unrelated I think, But any time the car ever did get above 1/3 mark It seems like am loosing power bogs down. I will also add I burn oil on cylinder 3. the other three are just fine. My head is perfectly fine as wheel had that checked. I really need heat not just for myself but for the burn hole in my wallet from so much gas be yous'ed

I've been really lenient on posting here since last time no one seem to know what a evo sensor was >.> but that's nether he nor there

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Darkone's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Darkone reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Darkone is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2014, 08:28 AM   #2
OldNuc
OldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant future

1998 SC2
Default Re: Very Wierd Heating issue SW2 1995 DOHC

You need at least a new thermostat of the OEM design. That means a STANT 14279 and the original OEM thermostat housing. Then if it has never been done the ECTS, that is the 2 wire sensor, replaced with a Standard Motor Products TX73 or equivalent. Search will bring up the how to change it without twisting it off instructions. Also inspect the inside of the connector for any foreign material and inspect the 2 wires back to the main loom for any splices or crimp connectors. If you find any of those cut them out and properly solder the wires.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 10:02 AM   #3
lamping.ap
Advanced Member
lamping.ap will become famous soon enoughlamping.ap will become famous soon enough

1998 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkone View Post
I've been really lenient on posting here since last time no one seem to know what a evo sensor was >.> but that's nether he nor there
Is that the thingy with the red connector and 2 wires coming out of it

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lamping.ap's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lamping.ap reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lamping.ap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 10:17 AM   #4
OldNuc
OldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant future

1998 SC2

No, that is the EVO Solenoid. There is no discreet EVO Sensor ...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 10:55 AM   #5
Darkone

Thank you for the answers. I forgot to mention I've replaced both of the coolant sensors. They where buy the head or at least one was in it. But the thermostat I didn't think of housing it goes in. Also is the any way to test my gauge for Accuracy. with out polling the dash.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Darkone reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-14-2014, 11:07 AM   #6
Darkone

Anny good way to brake loose the bolts on the thermostat housing

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-14-2014, 11:17 AM   #7
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkone View Post
Anny good way to brake loose the bolts on the thermostat housing
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=204222, post #1 and #3.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 11:25 AM   #8
Darkone

thinks i will try this. hopefully it will warm up soon

REWARD EXCELLENCE!