SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Introductions & Greetings
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2014, 05:24 PM   #1
Ziggyrz07
Ziggyrz07 is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L
2004 VUE 2.2L
Default Saturn Vue

Hello everyone I guess I have been on here for a little bit now and have not really introduced myself yet.

I am from central Wisconsin and I am the proud owner of 2 Saturn vues currently. I am a graduate of UTI and am currently a welder, fitter, and fabricator. Currently in school for business management.

In my own time I do a lot of modifications to vehicles. I currently have two short blocks for my v6 vue ready to go to the shop to get machines before I build them up. I feel there is definately a market in performance for the VUE but am finding it hard to get any willing to back it. I can't even get HPTuners to agree to R&D the ecu so I can tune it. I think I will be trying my hardest to open up a small business in the VUE world. Any ideas would be helpful!

2004 Saturn Vue AWD V6
3.5 j35S1
Painted trim
255/55-18 tires stock height of 29"

2004 Saturn Vue AWD I4
2.2 ecotec

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ziggyrz07's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ziggyrz07 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ziggyrz07 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2014, 07:15 PM   #2
mikec
mikec will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Saturn Vue

Welcome. I think that the aftermarket accessory business for Vues is probably dwindling fast. Wikipedia has the sales numbers for the Vue but they were between 10K and 100K each year. I'm sure that the number on the road decreases each day. I have 131K on mine now and every day I wonder how long it's going to last. Now, if you want to market to this niche and no one else is there, you may be able to make some money.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mikec's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mikec reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mikec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 07:18 PM   #3
Ziggyrz07

2004 VUE 3.5L
2004 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec View Post
Welcome. I think that the aftermarket accessory business for Vues are probably dwindling fast. Wikipedia has the sales numbers for the Vue but they were between 10K and 100K each year. I'm sure that the number on the road decreases each day. I have 131K on mine now and every day I wonder how long it's going to last. Now, if you want to market to this niche and no one else is there, you may be able to make some money.

Thanks!!

I just sold a 02 with 223k on her 3.0 awd running amazing.

My 04 has 179k on her and only reason I'm going to rebuild her is because the valve seals leak when I use 5w-30.

I'm thinking of picking up the niche I just wish I could get a programming company back me up.

2004 Saturn Vue AWD V6
3.5 j35S1
Painted trim

2004 Saturn Vue AWD I4
2.2 ecotec

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Ziggyrz07 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-26-2014, 07:28 PM   #4
billysvue
Master Member
billysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 2.2L

Your 04 has the dreaded CVT [VTi] automatic trans, or ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VTi_transmission

WHy tear down an engine for rebuild just because you have to add a little oil every now and then? Unless you're driving a mosquito fogger, the payback is decades away.

'05 ,2.2L, FWD,5-speed stick with transaxle death rattle is history,,,
'17 Suby Forester

245216 mi. VUe is off to the dealer auction
I'm a secondhand vegetarian.
Cows eat grass, I eat cows.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billysvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billysvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billysvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 07:42 PM   #5
Ziggyrz07

2004 VUE 3.5L
2004 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by billysvue View Post
Your 04 has the dreaded CVT [VTi] automatic trans, or ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VTi_transmission

WHy tear down an engine for rebuild just because you have to add a little oil every now and then? Unless you're driving a mosquito fogger, the payback is decades away.
My 2004 4 cylinder Vue is 70k Into its second cvt

The 6 cylinders never came with cvt it has a 5 speed Honda transmission mated to the Honda engine.

I have two short blocks from when I worked at a dealership with less then 15k miles on them so why not update? I have a j35z2 and a j35z4.

The gas mileage has been seriously reduced as well I get between 18-20 hwy when I used to average 25 and get around 29 on road trips.

So I'm going to throw a nice motor in so I have the option to turno it as well then.

2004 Saturn Vue AWD V6
3.5 j35S1
Painted trim

2004 Saturn Vue AWD I4
2.2 ecotec

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-26-2014, 10:23 PM   #6
billysvue
Master Member
billysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the roughbillysvue is a jewel in the rough

2005 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggyrz07 View Post
My 2004 4 cylinder Vue is 70k Into its second cvt
I hope you have a prescription for keeping it alive. Too many horror stories about it. Do you know how to rebuild them? It's a grenade from the factory that can't be fixed or defused.

I wouldn't invest anything in your motor except additional top up oil to replace that which leaks by your seals and rings. How much are you burning?

Or go ahead and drop some coin into the motor only to be wrecked by another trans failure.

Or do a trans swap to the regular auto.

'17 Suby Forester

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help billysvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-26-2014, 10:27 PM   #7
Ziggyrz07

2004 VUE 3.5L
2004 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by billysvue View Post
I hope you have a prescription for keeping it alive. Too many horror stories about it. Do you know how to rebuild them? It's a grenade from the factory that can't be fixed or defused.

I wouldn't invest anything in your motor except additional top up oil to replace that which leaks by your seals and rings. How much are you burning?

Or go ahead and drop some coin into the motor only to be wrecked by another trans failure.

Or do a trans swap to the regular auto.
Read my signature your getting my teo vues mixed up lol

The only reason you here horror stories about the cvt Ia because nobody complains about things when they go good lol

The dealer group I just worked for has a vti Vue orignal Trans with 300k and a ion orignal with 250k

I'm talking about performance with my Honda Vue lol

As for my Ecotec vye it needs more power so the cvt/vti will work easier

2004 Saturn Vue AWD V6
3.5 j35S1
Painted trim

2004 Saturn Vue AWD I4
2.2 ecotec

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-26-2014, 10:38 PM   #8
Ziggyrz07

2004 VUE 3.5L
2004 VUE 2.2L

I worked for Nissan for awhile so I am very familiar with cvt transmissions. Gms problem with cvt is they didn't spend enough time in research and development. Though Nissan had its problems years ago they are in a way better position now. They still have some fluke cvt transmissions that go out on them but even at there worst Nissans cvts where still never as bad as the junk General Motors used.

Will my cvt go out again? Maybe. As for now it has about 70k on her and the first junk one was replaced at 75k. Some last some don't, I don't know if GM ever found out what they did wrong. I never really looked to find out.

2004 Saturn Vue AWD V6
3.5 j35S1
Painted trim

2004 Saturn Vue AWD I4
2.2 ecotec

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-26-2014, 10:47 PM   #9
Ziggyrz07

2004 VUE 3.5L
2004 VUE 2.2L

I do refuse to lose my awd system. So when the vti goes again l will Honda swap it to the l66/j35, because I won't swap in the fwd auto.

2004 Saturn Vue AWD V6
3.5 j35S1
Painted trim

2004 Saturn Vue AWD I4
2.2 ecotec

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-29-2014, 04:01 AM   #10
Sunil
Sunil is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone I guess I have been on here for a little bit now and have not really introduced myself yet.

I am from central Wisconsin and I am the proud owner of 2 Saturn vues currently. I am a graduate of UTI and am currently a welder, fitter, and fabricator. Currently in school for business management.

In my own time I do a lot of modifications to vehicles. I currently have two short blocks for my v6 vue ready to go to the shop to get machines before I build them up. I feel there is definately a market in performance for the VUE but am finding it hard to get any willing to back it. I can't even get HPTuners to agree to R&D the ecu so I can tune it. I think I will be trying my hardest to open up a small business in the VUE world. Any ideas would be helpful!

Johni Patino..!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Sunil's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Sunil reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Sunil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 06:50 AM   #11
billysvue
Master Member

2005 VUE 2.2L

It must be a clone or a bot or a replicant

'17 Suby Forester

REWARD EXCELLENCE!