SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2014, 06:35 AM   #1
Darkone
Darkone is on a distinguished road

Dizzy Saturn sw2 misfiring and hesataiting

Ok so to begin with my problem. I believe my engine is miss firing. I got this car from a friend is a sw2 and has 200k plus mile on it. So here is my issue. When I first start her up no problem. Idle is a bit high 1,200 and in drive 1000. After a warm up and the needle moves up past the first white marker on the heat indicator it starts to miss and surge a little at idle. Once I start moving it take me pushing the pedals further down then I need to to get it moving and it hesitates. I get it to about 30mph let of the gas idle goes down to 1,600rpm. Know I can slitly put my foot on the gas and it will run smooth but after a few sec the idle will go back down and start to buck until I let of the gas. Then when it shifts at 35to 40 mph it will start to buck very wildly until I push the gas peddle down further then it surges from 1800rpm to almost 3000. Then it will drop about 300 rpm every time. I've put new plugs in, new coolant, new tps, and cts. I've cleaned the throttle body out. Lots of carbon in the intake. Then what bugs me is the obd1 PCM is not throwing any lights. Know I know my transmishion mount needs to be replace but I don't think it is the issue here.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Darkone's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Darkone reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Darkone is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2014, 08:05 AM   #2
95sw2rustbucket
95sw2rustbucket is on a distinguished road

1995 SW2
Default Re: Saturn sw2 misfiring and hesataiting

do a compression test and see what the numbers look like. I recently lost a cylinder (0 compression) and I had a burnt exhaust valve

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 95sw2rustbucket's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 95sw2rustbucket reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
95sw2rustbucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:44 PM   #3
Darkone
Darkone is on a distinguished road

Dazed Re: Saturn sw2 misfiring and hesataiting

Sorry I knew there was sompthing I forgot to mention this morning. I also hade compression cheated when I had the valve cover Changed. I've also replaced the fuel filter as we'll. I want to stay spark plugs or sompthing computer related myself. As it will run fine when I first prese the peddle then idle down and start bucking.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Darkone's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Darkone reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Darkone is offline   Reply With Quote