SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2014, 10:50 PM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default GM Recalling 2008-2010 Saturn Outlooks

A new story entry has been added:

GM Recalling 2008-2010 Saturn Outlooks

Quote:

General Motors announced today it is recalling 1.18 million of its Lambda-based large crossover sport-utility vehicles, including: Saturn Outlooks from the 2008-2010 model years, Buick Enclaves and GMC Acadias from the 2008-2013 model years, and Chevrolet Traverses from the 2009-2013 model years.

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2014, 10:06 AM   #2
Smokey
Smokey will become famous soon enough

Default Re: GM Recalling 2008-2010 Saturn Outlooks

When is GM going to recall the Outlook/Vue/Aura for the crappy 6 speed transmissions and the numerous wave plate failures?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Smokey's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Smokey reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:17 PM   #3
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

makes you wonder what they changed on the 2008s since the 2007s are ok.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:31 AM   #4
gm7
Advanced Member
gm7 will become famous soon enoughgm7 will become famous soon enough

2009 VUE Red Line

GM sure looks like crap these days. Difference between airbags not going off and transmission failures? One kills you faster than the other...though no doubt there have been some 6T70 trans failures that have put owners in harm's way.
GM will not atone for 'anything' without a lawsuit or NHSTA breathing down their back. The ignition switch failure that has killed more than a dozen owners dates back a decade. The part is 50 cents.
Sad.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gm7's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gm7 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gm7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:57 PM   #5
Smokey
Smokey will become famous soon enough

Meanwhile Porsche will be replacing the entire engine on 785 GT3’s that are prone to catching fire. I know, I know comparing apples to oranges… but it just shows you what lengths Porsche will go too preserve their reputation and retain customers, while GM fights tooth and nail to replace a .50 cent part.

Just wish GM would step up and extend the warranty on our transmissions.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Smokey's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Smokey reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:41 PM   #6
gm7
Advanced Member

2009 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
Meanwhile Porsche will be replacing the entire engine on 785 GT3’s that are prone to catching fire. I know, I know comparing apples to oranges… but it just shows you what lengths Porsche will go too preserve their reputation and retain customers, while GM fights tooth and nail to replace a .50 cent part.

The 'only' reason I buy a GM car is because I can get a employee discount.
Since I worked in the industry I know a lot of people who still work there. Many even with an employee discount will not buy a GM product.

For god sake they have eliminated 3 nameplates I used to own...and one I still do....Saturn, Pontiac and Oldsmobile.
Further, since bankruptcy and before their quality went to ****. I know because I worked in their reliability engineering department at the tech center.
GM employees are some of the most talented people out there but their management has been awful. I am completely unimpressed with their new leader also. Are you kidding me? She presents like a 2nd year engineering student.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gm7's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gm7 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-19-2014, 04:47 PM   #7
gm7
Advanced Member

2009 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post

Perhaps not quite apples to oranges as you say. I will also add that BMW has a less than stellar quality level as well on their so called 'ultimate driving machines'. But GM sets the low bar for not standing by their customers. Unless the consumer speaks and gets NHTSA to beat GM over the head, there will be no joy for 6T70 sufferers in the future...even though it is common knowledge these transmissions are an accident in waiting. We only want an extended warranty GM...not your first born.

If failures adds up...which they have, the nos. may rival the CVT debacle GM finally had to pay out on. This was only after a large law suit made GM do the right thing. Forget about them doing the right thing on their accord.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gm7's Reputation
Old 03-19-2014, 06:41 PM   #8
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

still would like to know why not 2007 outlooks. cant believe they changed something on the 08s

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 05:39 AM   #9
gm7
Advanced Member

2009 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefunkar View Post
still would like to know why not 2007 outlooks. cant believe they changed something on the 08s
Great question.
The design engineer was in court testifying that he knew nothing of the 'silent' running engineering change to increase the length of the ignition switch detent pin and spring.
Complete BS. If he didn't know about it, who would? He has to sleep at night knowing how his design impacted so many families.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gm7's Reputation
Old 03-20-2014, 05:45 PM   #10
Doug C
Doug C will become famous soon enoughDoug C will become famous soon enough

2008 Outlook XE

ehhh !

I thought it was actually something life-threatening like transmission blowing out anywhere/anytime or the lighting harness igniting and blowing back onto a fuel line while on the freeway !

doug c

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Doug C's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Doug C reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Doug C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:05 PM   #11
eneloop
eneloop is on a distinguished road

Yep....I have Saturn left, but when it was time to let the Solstice go I didn't buy a GM rig. GM has NOTHING I want. To bad so sad.

All the best
eneloop@yahoo.com

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to eneloop's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help eneloop reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
eneloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:50 PM   #12
wilmaloo
wilmaloo is on a distinguished road

98 saturn wagon VERY hard shift from 1 to 2nd service engine light,,,code says solinoid stuck ,,, changed solinoid, still doing it

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wilmaloo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wilmaloo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
wilmaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 12:35 PM   #13
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmaloo View Post
98 saturn wagon VERY hard shift from 1 to 2nd service engine light,,,code says solinoid stuck ,,, changed solinoid, still doing it
I think that this message belongs in the S Series Forums. You should re-post your message there.

Spelling: solinoid>no - solenoid>yes, that is, if it matters to anyone.

273,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote