SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2011, 07:49 PM   #1
Really??
Really?? is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L
Sad 2008 Vue 2.4L Thermostat Error Code

Hey all!

My 2008 Saturn vue has given me an error code that says the thermostat is not closing. Do I need to replace the part or can it be fixed? If it needs to be replaced is this something I can do myself.

Thanks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Really??'s Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Really?? reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Really?? is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2011, 01:02 AM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 2008 Vue 2.4L Thermostat Error Code

Not closing suggests the t-stat is running the engine cooler than normal. Other than posting the code so its clear what the error is and not misinterpreted, t-stats aren't adjustable - just replaced. If its accessible, mounted on the engine block t-stat housing that feeds hot coolant to the radiator, then it should be easily replaced with hand tools. Draining the coolant and possibly replacing it might be worth it if its time for coolant replacement too.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:06 AM   #3
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Really?? View Post
Hey all!

My 2008 Saturn vue has given me an error code that says the thermostat is not closing. Do I need to replace the part or can it be fixed? If it needs to be replaced is this something I can do myself.

Thanks!
I've posted service manual extract to replace 2.4 cooling thermostat.

The task appears to be in DIY category ... repost if you decide to proceed and would like to see the prerequisite files (coolant drain & fill and battery tray remove).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 08 Vue-2.4 Thermostat R2.pdf (141.8 KB, 275 views)

I rarely visit forum but respond to private messages (PM). PM creates email to phone & please include email address with question. Avoid using Visitor Message feature ... I almost never check those.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:39 AM   #4
Really??
Really?? is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L

Quote:
Originally Posted by far2grumpy View Post

The task appears to be in DIY category ... repost if you decide to proceed and would like to see the prerequisite files (coolant drain & fill and battery tray remove).
Thank you for posting the service manual. It looks easy enough if I had enough resources available to me. I will call a friend with more tools than I for help. If he can help then I will ask for the other service manuals. Thank you!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Really??'s Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Really?? reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Really?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:03 PM   #5
Rrrs1975
Rrrs1975 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by far2grumpy View Post

Can you give me the manual to drain the coolant please? The link on the other post will not allow me to pull it up. Thank you in advance!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Rrrs1975's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Rrrs1975 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Rrrs1975 is offline   Reply With Quote