SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2014, 03:10 PM   #1
forumoto
forumoto is on a distinguished road

Default 2008 Saturn VUE ECM REPLACEMENT

dear members, i have this saturn vue and i am replacing the ecm, the ecm is new, so i hock up my drewtech cardaq m, performed my sps, and calibration file was loaded successful, now when it is time for VTD calibration, the first calibration says Theft relearn for ecm / key replacement, now i select that and click on next, it download the file, and i heard the relays on the car click, and the headlight comes on, now instead of the relearning timing DISPLAY COUNTER SHOULD COME ON MY COMPUTER, it does not come, i have changed several computer but it TIMING does not come, when i select the relearn theft for ecm or key replacement,

now when i select the next calibration the timing comes up, that is theft clear, but that is not what i am looking for, i need to relearn the key to the new ecm replace... what do i do, would 2008 saturn accept manual 30 miniute crank but no crank method, the passlock is not on, when i turn the key to crank the passlock light comes and goes off.. but can i time my self
Attached Images
File Type: jpg saturn ecm theft relearn setback.jpg (50.9 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by forumoto; 01-06-2014 at 03:20 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to forumoto's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help forumoto reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
forumoto is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2014, 05:30 PM   #2
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to all

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: 2008 Saturn VUE ECM REPLACEMENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by forumoto View Post
dear members, i have this saturn vue and i am replacing the ecm, the ecm is new, so i hock up my drewtech cardaq m, performed my sps, and calibration file was loaded successful, now when it is time for VTD calibration, the first calibration says Theft relearn for ecm / key replacement, now i select that and click on next, it download the file, and i heard the relays on the car click, and the headlight comes on, now instead of the relearning timing DISPLAY COUNTER SHOULD COME ON MY COMPUTER, it does not come, i have changed several computer but it TIMING does not come, when i select the relearn theft for ecm or key replacement,

now when i select the next calibration the timing comes up, that is theft clear, but that is not what i am looking for, i need to relearn the key to the new ecm replace... what do i do, would 2008 saturn accept manual 30 miniute crank but no crank method, the passlock is not on, when i turn the key to crank the passlock light comes and goes off.. but can i time my self
The only part I "may" understand is your question will 08 Vue accept a Passlock II type 30 minute relearn?

I don't think so.

See the thumbnail for extract (FSM) for using Techline Terminal for a 10-minute immobilizer relearn.

I've also attached extract describing various VTD components - probably unnecessary as you appear to know what you're trying to do.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 08 Vue - PK3 10 min relearn.jpg (124.3 KB, 12 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 08 Vue Immobilizer D & O.pdf (15.6 KB, 25 views)

"Good judgement comes from experience - and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." ... Will Rogers

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:10 PM   #3
forumoto
forumoto is on a distinguished road

Default Re: 2008 Saturn VUE ECM REPLACEMENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by far2grumpy View Post
The only part I "may" understand is your question will 08 Vue accept a Passlock II type 30 minute relearn?

I don't think so.

See the thumbnail for extract (FSM) for using Techline Terminal for a 10-minute immobilizer relearn.

I've also attached extract describing various VTD components - probably unnecessary as you appear to know what you're trying to do.
=============================================

thank you for getting back to my post, now when i choose Vehicle theft deterrent learn, ECM or PK3 replaced selection, and i click on next, i could hear the system begin to clicks for few seconds, and the headlight will come on, there i am expecting the counting of 12 minutes to begin, but that will not come, system or cursor mount will continue rotating, instead of displaying the counting window or dialog box, i waited for 30 minutes for it to display but to no avail, now i press ctrl+alt+delete to terminate the process, and i start it all over again, and this time i choose the next option that is replace key for key lost, this time the system clicks for few seconds and the counting or dialog box begins to count from 212 minutes, till successful windows come, but engine wont crank, now i choose the third option that is theft deterrent tdm clear, and this will also bring up counting or dialog box for 12 minutes and will give a successful,

but the main one which i am needed most that is the ECM or PK3 replaced theft deterrent LEARN, this wont count at all, i just do not know why, and one thing that i want to make mention here, the ecm is new and i got the calibrated file downloaded into it via the sps windows, but the CHECK light or engine symbol keeps blinking, as if it were when i hock the pcm on it when i did not download the calibrated file into it, for my past experience a new ecm, plug could flash and after calibration download complete, it suppose to stop, what do you think sir?

secondly when i download the calibration file into the pcm, i get successful message or PASS message that indicate the process was successful, so why does the engine or check link blinks, as if the nothing took place, now when i hock DIAGNOSTIC tool to it and scan the engine module, it says p0633 that is theft of learn ecm/pk3, and it also give code of crank variation not learn, which i know engine must start before variation is done,

now successful the calibration of new ecu file was not downloaded, i think i wont get this codes inside the system, and i wont get the theft code or what would it be, please advise. thank you

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to forumoto's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help forumoto reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
forumoto is offline   Reply With Quote