SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2013, 02:53 PM   #61
Modding_out
Modding_out is on a distinguished road

1999 SL2
2002 SL2
Default Re: How can you make your exhaust backfire/pop??

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyas View Post
you'd get bad bad mpg, but unplug the o2 sensor on the manifold.. it depends how good engine is too.. i had 2 saturns both single cam.. ran them both no exhaust just exhaust manifold with o2 plugged in.. the junk old 240000 mile one shot fire and backfired all the time and smoked oil... the 120000 mile one never did nothing. when down**** it just pop 1 time and done.. but the 240000 even backfired while hitting the gas...

that car was even automatic... just idling it shot fire out the pipe and poped.. melted wires etc.... another stupid way to backfire is put dohc injectors on sohc.
I'm very curious why you felt in necessary to do this not once but twice....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Modding_out's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Modding_out reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Modding_out is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2013, 04:22 PM   #62
codyas
codyas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modding_out View Post
I'm very curious why you felt in necessary to do this not once but twice....
because the exhaust was rusted off.... i had enough money to get a decent motor to replace the junk motor.. so the new motor had the same garbage hooked up to it.... my car is a a-b car... if i get where i need to go it is a good car

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to codyas's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help codyas reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
codyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 04:33 PM   #63
codyas
codyas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktheviperman View Post
it will run rich and mess crap up btw fuel in oil fuel messing up alot of stuff back firing would burn ur valves and ud go broke buying oil to replace after burning it....
yeah... my first saturn was a half dead 95 sc1... it eventually got overheated and cracked the head... then the waterpump started to go.. it still ran but got very hot... melted the paint. melted motor mount melted spark plugs... i was pouring 3 quarts of oil every 50 miles.... i did the math and found it was cheaper to drive a 1986 cadillac fleetwood than that saturn... no lie.. at 18 mpg average.. at that time gas was 3.69 it is

figure that 20 mpg no oil loss for 100 miles..
i was even generous and did 40 mpg even though it was probably 32 to 35.. include 6 quarts for 100 miles.. at $3.50 a quart for dollar store brand. i think it was $3.50.

Last edited by codyas; 12-27-2013 at 04:42 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to codyas's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help codyas reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
codyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 07:22 PM   #64
Yerboogieman
Yerboogieman is on a distinguished road

1997 SC2
1993 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnkid36 View Post
Irregardless, i'm trying to make my satty respectable at car meets, tired of getting laughed at because when i pull up its like "he's in a saturn haha", so i'm trying to fix that and represent saturn instead of honda or some other import company because its funny that saturns are faster than most hondas stock. Another reason there easy to work on and the most american 4cyl's u can buy, and im a GM guy. I cant afford a cobalt or any other 'sporty' 4cyl. A little more respect? Dissing on a kid thats only 16 and learning wen u should be helping and teaching me, thats why im here or i wouldnt be wasting my time.
If you want respectable, work on your grammar, keep the car quiet sounding, and add a turbo and SAFC or something. Beat them where they can feel it. The sound of your car doesn't do ***** unless you have the power to back it up.

93 SC2 M/T 224k Power Everything! :D
94 SL2 A/T 274k Sold to scrap
99 SC1 M/T 162k
97 SC2 M/T 102k
97 SL1 M/T 188k Sold Bad Valve
Aluminum valve covers all around
NGK plugs for all

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Yerboogieman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Yerboogieman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Yerboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 07:57 PM   #65
anmasher
anmasher has a spectacular aura aboutanmasher has a spectacular aura aboutanmasher has a spectacular aura about

1995 SC2
1996 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yerboogieman View Post
add a turbo and SAFC or something.
Record the first time you get into boost also. If he were seriously contemplating drilling holes in his exhaust pipe a couple of weeks ago, then this should be quite interesting.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to anmasher's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help anmasher reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
anmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:23 PM   #66
Yerboogieman
Yerboogieman is on a distinguished road

1997 SC2
1993 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmasher View Post
Record the first time you get into boost also. If he were seriously contemplating drilling holes in his exhaust pipe a couple of weeks ago, then this should be quite interesting.
Ha! True! lol

93 SC2 M/T 224k Power Everything! :D
94 SL2 A/T 274k Sold to scrap
99 SC1 M/T 162k
97 SC2 M/T 102k
97 SL1 M/T 188k Sold Bad Valve
Aluminum valve covers all around
NGK plugs for all

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Yerboogieman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Yerboogieman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Yerboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote