SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2013, 11:06 PM   #1
XDoXWhatX
XDoXWhatX is on a distinguished road

Default High idle at start or when put in park from gear and vibration

when i start my car it goes up to 2k rpm then slowly rises to 2500 rpm stays there for about 30 sec then goes down to 1100 rpm and thats where it stays i cleaned the IAC and checked for vacuum leaks and it finally threw a code p1599 and when it slows down to 1100 it has bad vibration through out car motor mounts are good any suggestions?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XDoXWhatX's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XDoXWhatX reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XDoXWhatX is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2013, 11:08 PM   #2
OldNuc
OldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant future

1998 SC2
Default Re: High idle at start or when put in park from gear and vibration

1599 is a stall.

Have you replaced the ECTS and checked the connector and wiring?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:11 PM   #3
XDoXWhatX

yes replaced ECTS and IAT and wires

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help XDoXWhatX reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-19-2013, 12:37 AM   #4
XDoXWhatX

and its a 2001 sl2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-19-2013, 07:30 AM   #5
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Is this the same rebuilt engine from another post or a different car?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:47 PM   #6
XDoXWhatX

same engine i did engine swap/ heads on

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-19-2013, 08:53 PM   #7
Josh16162
Josh16162 will become famous soon enoughJosh16162 will become famous soon enough

When the car is idling high, pop the hood and tap on the TPS. See if your idle changes. If it does you've found the problem and the TPS needs to be replaced.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Josh16162's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Josh16162 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Josh16162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:01 PM   #8
XDoXWhatX

already replaced tps bout to try iac and i borrowed a friends scan tool it says the engine is at a 41.5 % load at idle is this normal if not what would cause that?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-19-2013, 09:16 PM   #9
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Map sensor faulty? Its a load sensor to help the pcm determine fuel/air mixtures along with other sensors. Swap it out if in doubt.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-20-2013, 12:24 AM   #10
Josh16162
Josh16162 will become famous soon enoughJosh16162 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoXWhatX View Post
already replaced tps bout to try iac and i borrowed a friends scan tool it says the engine is at a 41.5 % load at idle is this normal if not what would cause that?
Try cleaning the entire TB assembly, Richpin has a video on it.

But - I'm almost 100% sure it's the TPS. With the scan tool connected and the idle is high, keep your foot off the pedal and if the TPS is reading <> 0 there is something wrong with it or the wires.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Josh16162's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Josh16162 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Josh16162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:23 PM   #11
XDoXWhatX

ok just cleaned out tb iac and tried tapping on tps with no luck replaced intake manifold gasket no change and i will try map but on my friends scan tool it showed it was operational but never know and when i accelerate too quickly when in gear the vehicle starts to die throws the p1599 and then comes back to normal after i get it past 10-15 mph it runs great has excellent power

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #12
fdryer

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Scan tools are useless unless you know how to read and interpret static/live displays.

Example A member posting in the L-series reported the usual maladies with his engine along with an error code or two. Using a scan tool to check on error codes didn't seem to reveal anything except a question about maf sensor readings. Without any comparison to another maf sensor's readout and how to interpret displayed data, he was lost. Since I have the same engine it was just a matter of reading signals at idle and at speed. To throw things into perspective, there are different values used - one reader will display mass air flow in grams per second while another may display pounds per minute. Now what? Once a conversion is made to make sense of just one reading, a comparison was made and a hunch turned into finding a faulty maf sensor. It would be guessing any other way.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-22-2013, 04:28 PM   #13
XDoXWhatX

Ok replaced crankshaft position sensor high idle wnt away then next day car threw. P1626 and u1064 and another u code and lost all power and often stalls when accelerating I think its time to fill with gas and push off cliff. I really appreciate all your guys help if any1 can shine some light on my new delimas? Couldn't find anything helpful online.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-22-2013, 04:35 PM   #14
SL19302
Master Member
SL19302 is a name known to allSL19302 is a name known to allSL19302 is a name known to allSL19302 is a name known to allSL19302 is a name known to allSL19302 is a name known to all

2000 SW2
2002 SL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoXWhatX View Post
Ok replaced crankshaft position sensor high idle wnt away then next day car threw. P1626 and u1064 and another u code and lost all power and often stalls when accelerating I think its time to fill with gas and push off cliff. I really appreciate all your guys help if any1 can shine some light on my new delimas? Couldn't find anything helpful online.
I dont believe a crack sensor can cause high idle, ive never seen one do that, High idle would be caused by a vacumm leak or a bad TPS, did you check all around the intake for leaks, When you removed the TB did you hook the hose back on to the purge control solenoid under the intake manifold, Are the connections for the temp sensor soldered and shrinked wrapped??

2015 Subaru Forester Limited "Prinny"
2000 SW2 Still Running Strong- 160K Traded In
2002 SL1 Still has Its Training Wheels on at 88K Traded In

CHECK YOUR OIL!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SL19302's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SL19302 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SL19302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 07:23 PM   #15
XDoXWhatX

replaced ALL sensors re-did ects wiring yes did heat shrink and checked for backed up exhaust (sounded cool as hell) but no improvement looking towards injectors or fuel regulator? now the car only has idle problem know when hot and to fix loss of power i disconnected tps from tb and still left it connected to harness and opened tb more than tps (using a screwdriver and my friend holding it) and power problem seemed to go away immediately??? too much gas not enough air is it possible for fuel pump to give to much gas? or would that be injectors?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!