SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2013, 07:20 PM   #1
jnordin96
jnordin96 is on a distinguished road

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Question 2000 Saturn LS1 Fans not blowing

Okay so I have a 2000 Saturn LS1 and the fans have always been great on heat since my sister owned it a year ago. I have owned it since June of this year and the fans have been blowing great until about a week ago when they suddenly just stopped. I noticed it when I got home from a short drive that the fans were not blowing regardless of the heat level, the fan speed, or the fan settings on the climate control. I tried everything, the defrosters, air circulation, I couldn't get it started.

However, it started going on intermittently when I went over bumps or just randomly for the next couple days. Finally, a few days after they just completely stopped and wouldn't turn back on randomly when driving. I took it to my grandfather who isn't too familiar with electrical problems and it randomly turned on as soon as I showed up to his house, but then turned off. We noticed the fuse under the hood in the fuse box for the HVAC blower was a bit oxidized (a white chalky substance on the plugs). The fans then worked for a day and turned off again when I pulled into my driveway this afternoon.

I am assuming this rules out the fuses. I purchased a volt tester and plan to test the connections throughout the Blower motor path from the fuse under the hood all throughout to the blower motor, however is there an experienced electrical mechanic or someone familiar with LS1s that can help me with this problem? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys, completely stumped over here.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jnordin96's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jnordin96 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jnordin96 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links