SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2013, 07:42 PM   #21
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2
Default Re: Exhaust: Options?

Probably a couple weeks IIRC. Really don't remember for sure but it did take awhile.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2013, 08:25 PM   #22
jhonky
jhonky is on a distinguished road

1998 SL2

i just ordered all the parts except the obx. i sent obx an email asking what the differences in the 2 were, and why i can only seem to find the cheaper version(except 1 website that seems kind of shady, http://www.2kracing.com/Product/18407.html)- i figure since the thermal r&d will take a while, i can wait a few days until obx responds back. got the 15842 walker cat. was reading another thread and made me wonder, do i need a new hanger?

98 SL2
5th gear swap- .643 gear
245,000 miles
215/45 17"
I burn about a quart about every 1500 miles.

If it ain't broke, fix it some more.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jhonky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jhonky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jhonky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:20 PM   #23
jhonky

1998 SL2

Nolimit sent me an email today saying they sold their last one of these on mMondayand that iit'd take 4-6 weeks and if that was OK. Told them Ifigured it would take that long.

98 SL2
5th gear swap- .643 gear
245,000 miles
215/45 17"

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help jhonky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-12-2013, 03:58 PM   #24
Moskvitch
Moskvitch has a spectacular aura aboutMoskvitch has a spectacular aura about

2000 SL2

Hopefully that last one was mine! I placed the order on saturday

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Moskvitch's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Moskvitch reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Moskvitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:06 PM   #25
jhonky

1998 SL2

i guess 4-6 weeks turned into 4-6 days. came in today. haven't bought the obx header yet because i thought i had some time

98 SL2
5th gear swap- .643 gear
245,000 miles
215/45 17"

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-18-2013, 07:04 PM   #26
Moskvitch
Moskvitch has a spectacular aura aboutMoskvitch has a spectacular aura about

2000 SL2

Installed my exhaust today. All went pretty well. A little louder than i thought, but still really nice.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Moskvitch's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Moskvitch reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Moskvitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:39 PM   #27
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

Loud is a function of the cams to a large extent and stock is the loudest.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-23-2013, 10:55 PM   #28
jhonky

1998 SL2

i have a new o2 sensor on the exhaust manifold but should i get a new one for the one near the cat? what about new hangers? recommended part numbers would certainly be appreciated

98 SL2
5th gear swap- .643 gear
245,000 miles
215/45 17"

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #29
jhonky

1998 SL2

took it to a shop today and had them put it on. apparently i needed another 3 bolt gasket. i had the copper one and the one that came with the obx. one of my bolts broke off so they had to get some thing to heli coil thing. also got a stud, the aformentioned gasket, and a clamp(i guess the 2 i had were not enough)

not as fartcanish as i thought it'd be thank god. not sure if i have a leak or not...sometimes when giving it a lot of gas it sounds kinda whispy but when just at a steady speed i don't hear it

i guess i will know if i throw a code or my mileage plummets!!

98 SL2
5th gear swap- .643 gear
245,000 miles
215/45 17"

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-27-2013, 12:21 AM   #30
cloud819
Master Member
cloud819 will become famous soon enough

2001 SC2

To find exhaust leaks I take a Q-tip and pull the cotton out a bit to make a sort of wispy cotton feather on the end. Then I run it around where I think the leak may be while the engine is running. The leak will blows the cotton wisp as you pass the Q-tip by it.

I don't know if there are better ways, but this method has worked for me. You of course need a non-windy day and it helps to have a cold engine, so the cooling fans don't kick on.

Watch those header gaskets they burn up quickly. There is a company called Remflex that makes graphite gaskets that work really well.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cloud819's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cloud819 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cloud819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:39 AM   #31
OldNuc

1998 SC2

Cold exhaust system. Pressurize with a low pressure air source. Spray with water with a couple drops of dish soap added.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!