SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > 2008 Vue
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2010, 08:52 AM   #1
TDragon
TDragon is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L
Default 2008 Headlamp Removal

Can anyone provide insight to where the three additional screws are located (in step 3)?

Quote:
Headlamps
To replace one of the headlamp bulbs, use the following
procedure. To replace the parking/turn signal lamp
bulb, see Front Turn Signal and Parking Lamps
on page 5-47.
1. Open the hood. See Hood Release on page 5-11
for more information.
2. Remove the two screws from the top of the front
fascia and grille. They are inboard of the headlamp
assembly.
3. Remove the three screws retaining the headlamp
assembly.
4. Insert a flat blade tool through the opening in the
top. Make sure the tool fits through the opening in
the headlamp bracket lower arm.
5. Push the locking tab toward the rear of the vehicle
with the tool to lift the headlamp bracket lower arm.
6. Pull back on the front fascia and then pull the
headlamp assembly out from the vehicle. Another
person might be needed to assist with this step.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TDragon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TDragon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2010, 11:03 AM   #2
TDragon

2008 VUE 2.4L
Dizzy Re: 2008 Headlamp Removal

Nevermind. I think I got it, I misread the directions and didn't realize they mentioned the two screws for the front fascia, before the screws for the headlamps.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help TDragon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-28-2010, 11:39 AM   #3
zeuswon
zeuswon is on a distinguished road

Default Re: 2008 Headlamp Removal

I see the two screws (bigger ones) on the fascia and removed those, then the two on the headlamp assembly. But still no luck? What am I missing? Does anyone have a picture of this headlamp.

I uploaded two pics, marking in "Red" what I thought the fascia screws are.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo-0029x.JPG (48.5 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg Photo-0030x.JPG (46.6 KB, 74 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to zeuswon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help zeuswon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
zeuswon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:29 PM   #4
TDragon

2008 VUE 2.4L

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuswon View Post
I see the two screws (bigger ones) on the fascia and removed those, then the two on the headlamp assembly. But still no luck? What am I missing? Does anyone have a picture of this headlamp.

Ignore the one labeled in red. There is a third bolt on the lower-left hand corner of the driver's side headlight. You will need to remove a few of the small retainer screws on the plastic grill so you can pry it forward. From there you should be able to see the third bolt (near the large plastic retainer screw attaching the grill to the bumper on the lower-right hand side; where the plastic grill meets the left-hand corner of the headlight). However, I cannot locate the clip holding the headlamp assembly in place. Note, that you should not try to force it out.

Once I figure it out, I will post pics. (I've been able to delay the install until now, but am forced to figure it out since the driver's side low-beam is now out).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-06-2010, 02:48 PM   #5
TDragon

2008 VUE 2.4L
Idea Re: 2008 Headlamp Removal

Ok.. the catch is you have to remove all of the small retainer screws (unscrew the center to remove the screw, and then pull the clip out to avoid losing it when bending the "grill") on the plastic "grill" between the two headlights. Note, that you cannot remove the two "larger" retainer screws that attach to the bumper (trust me, I tried, and wound up breaking them slightly). From there, remove the two bolts on the top of each headlight, and the one that is located on the corner bracket facing inward towards the "grill". To remove each headlight housing, you will need to pull/pry the "grill" towards you as far as you can bend it w/o breaking. This has to do with the fact that the corner bracket on each of the headlights is lower than the "grill". You will need to wiggle the housings to ease them out, and bring the corner brackets over the "grill". However, but be very careful not to break one of the top brackets when attempting to manipulate the housing over the "grill".

Once off, there are caps on the back of each headlight. Twist to take the off, and do the same to remove the bulbs, once visible. Perform the reverse of the steps to complete.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-06-2010, 09:06 PM   #6
Sarge
Sarge is on a distinguished road

2008 VUE 2.4L

If you have any photos of the last steps I would greatly appreciate them. I am trying to replace both lights due to passenger side burning out. Thanks in advance.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Sarge's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Sarge reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #7
Vue2Tow
Vue2Tow is on a distinguished road

Default 2008 Headlamp Removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuswon View Post

GREAT post- 2006 VUE AWD-it took me longer to find the socket than to change the 9006 bulb. The "red" and "green" arrows really helped. My unit just slid out and was a snap to change - thanks Larry {:>o}

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Vue2Tow's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Vue2Tow reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Vue2Tow is offline   Reply With Quote