SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2013, 02:36 PM   #1
MidnightBlue07
MidnightBlue07 is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XE
Default New (to me) 07 XE AWD owner (120K now) - just had first oil change - leaks...

Hello everyone,

I just purchased our family's first Saturn vehicle (but we've had GM vehicles for years) in May 2013.

We are the proud owners of a midnight blue 2007 AWD XE.

I purchased it from a dealership in South Carolina, and it's a 1-owner vehicle that had 115K miles on it at the time of purchase.

After an alignment and a brand-new set of tires, it's been enjoyable to drive.

I don't have a bit of mechanical aptitude, but am fortunate to have 2 mechanic-in-laws!

I just dropped off the Outlook for an oil change and tire rotation at a local GM dealership I have oil changes done at, and it included a 27-point inspection.

The service writer said the car did well, but needs new brakes in the next 5,000-6,000 miles.

They did find a transmission fluid leak and an engine oil leak and also found the transmission fluid is contaminated/burnt.

I can definitely talk to one of my in-laws to ask about changing out the transmission fluid, but I'm not sure how concerned I need to be about the transmission fluid/engine oil leaks.

The writer indicated that he felt it could be a seal that needs to be replaced, a hose, etc.

Is this a pretty common issue at 120K?

I am averaging 20 MPG on the highway and about 15-17 in town, which I think is great for a big vehicle like this.

Thanks, everyone!
MidnightBlue07

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MidnightBlue07's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MidnightBlue07 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MidnightBlue07 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2013, 03:58 PM   #2
Doug C
Doug C will become famous soon enoughDoug C will become famous soon enough

2008 Outlook XE
Default Re: New (to me) 07 XE AWD owner (120K now) - just had first oil change - leaks...

If the leaks are 'gushers' vs just enough to make look the areas of seepage then consider the $ to replace new gaskets, etc.
Otherwise chk levels and top up following manufacturers recommendations. ... as your in-laws have likely already bounced off ya !?

Review the owner manual for recommended maintenance & R/R schedules.

IF tranny fluid "burnt" and no one expresses a history of multiples of other Outlook units, you're one-owner unit was likely driven hard . . . green light ---red light

OH yeah (reference hmmm where did that thread go ....) just got my letter in the mail from GM regards faulty water pump showing by excessive fluid puddling on the ground and potential fatal failure ...... they obviously don't want to replace thousands of water pumps (just a justincase extended seemingly ambiguous warranty), but as recommended, chk your coolant level regularly (oil and tranny chk time ?) and top up to reservoir designated full line ("dex-cool" ?!) as also mentioned in owner manual.

i'm no mechanic but imho

good luck.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Doug C's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Doug C reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Doug C is offline   Reply With Quote