SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2008, 11:41 AM   #61
paulstefano
paulstefano is on a distinguished road

2008 Outlook XE
Default Re: Roof Leak!! Roof Rack the culprit?

For what it's worth, I DO NOT have a sunroof, and I have been having leaks on the passenger side. I know because I have cloth, and everytime there is a drip on the seats, I see it.

It's really minor now, as in 1 drop per hour, but it still isn't right.

I JUST got my car back, though, for the vibration problem. I really don't want to take it in again.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to paulstefano's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help paulstefano reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
paulstefano is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2008, 12:15 PM   #62
morpheus2969
morpheus2969 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by khansen30 View Post
No other choices for a Saturn dealership in your area?

The next closest dealership is 24 miles away. Don't get me wrong, the service advisors seem nice enough and willing to help. Its the technicians that seem to be the problem.

"I have dreamed a dream, but now that dream is gone from me." - The Matrix Reloaded

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to morpheus2969's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help morpheus2969 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
morpheus2969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 02:30 PM   #63
Bruce_Lee
Bruce_Lee is on a distinguished road

Paulstefano
So much for me feeling relieved that mine is an '08. Since you have an '08 and still have water leaks, that worries me again. I will continue to check for water leaks and hopefully I won't have them. Good luck with fixing your issue.

Morpheus,
I feel bad for you. This is such a great car(?). It looks and feels great. Good luck with your issues.

BL

2008 Saturn Outlook XR FWD
Silver exter and ebony cloth interior
Navigation (w/ rear view camera)
Trailering Pkg.

No brand loyalty; My loyalty is to my money!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bruce_Lee's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bruce_Lee reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bruce_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 03:31 PM   #64
morpheus2969
morpheus2969 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Lee View Post
Morpheus,
I feel bad for you. This is such a great car(?). It looks and feels great. Good luck with your issues.

BL
Thanks Bruce. It is a great vehicle isn't it. I haven't come across a person who didn't like it. I'm ashamed to admit that these problems have made me wonder if I made a mistake (originally was going to wait on the arrival of the Mazda CX-9). I really hope I made the right choice. My one year anniversary is coming up next month. Thinking back, I have had quite a few issues with this vehicle (not all the fault of the dealer). If nothing else, I think have been a model customer. Hopefully Saturn gets that.

"I have dreamed a dream, but now that dream is gone from me." - The Matrix Reloaded

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to morpheus2969's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help morpheus2969 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
morpheus2969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 05:04 PM   #65
VMMVMMM
VMMVMMM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulstefano View Post
For what it's worth, I DO NOT have a sunroof, and I have been having leaks on the passenger side. I know because I have cloth, and everytime there is a drip on the seats, I see it.

It's really minor now, as in 1 drop per hour, but it still isn't right.

I JUST got my car back, though, for the vibration problem. I really don't want to take it in again.
That may simply be an issue with door alignment. I had a leak very similar to what you are describing on the driver side. I knew about it because the water would hit me in the thigh. We took it in and had the door adjusted slightly and it resolved the issue.

Check to see where exactly the leak is coming from. If it is coming from the top of the door opening, it may just be an issue of the seal not seating tightly enough, which can be resolved with a door adjustment.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VMMVMMM's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VMMVMMM reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VMMVMMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:38 AM   #66
dsolomon
dsolomon is on a distinguished road

Happy Re: Roof Leak!! Roof Rack the culprit?

When the rains came here in Northern California, I had water coming in near the hood release, and dripping down onto the footrest of my '07 XR, FWD Outlook.
Contacted Saturn folk who indicated that there had been a recent service bulletin about a problem with the sunroof drain hoses shrinking up and causing my problem. Tecs applied extensions to the hoses, and two weeks out (and lots of rain later), no leaks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dsolomon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dsolomon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dsolomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 04:29 PM   #67
paulstefano
paulstefano is on a distinguished road

2008 Outlook XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMMVMMM View Post
That may simply be an issue with door alignment. I had a leak very similar to what you are describing on the driver side. I knew about it because the water would hit me in the thigh. We took it in and had the door adjusted slightly and it resolved the issue.

Check to see where exactly the leak is coming from. If it is coming from the top of the door opening, it may just be an issue of the seal not seating tightly enough, which can be resolved with a door adjustment.
Water is coming from the spot where the stripping hits the window right at about the thigh of the passenger.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to paulstefano's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help paulstefano reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
paulstefano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:18 PM   #68
VMMVMMM
VMMVMMM is on a distinguished road

So that sounds exactly like what was happening with ours. I think the adjustment took care of it completely, but I'm trying to remember if we have had any rain since then. When in precipitates now, it's only snow, so I think that did the trick, but I may have to wait until spring to make sure.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to VMMVMMM's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help VMMVMMM reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
VMMVMMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:05 PM   #69
khansen30
khansen30 is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsolomon View Post
When the rains came here in Northern California, I had water coming in near the hood release, and dripping down onto the footrest of my '07 XR, FWD Outlook.
Contacted Saturn folk who indicated that there had been a recent service bulletin about a problem with the sunroof drain hoses shrinking up and causing my problem. Tecs applied extensions to the hoses, and two weeks out (and lots of rain later), no leaks!
It wasn't that the hoses were shrinking up, they were never contected to begin with - to short. Glad your's is fixed.

2009 GMC SLT2 Acadia (Mine)
Quicksilver - Titanium Leather
Everything

2008 Aura XR (Wifes)
Red Jewel - Tan Leather
Advanced Audio - Sunroof

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to khansen30's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help khansen30 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
khansen30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:53 PM   #70
khansen30

2008 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by khansen30 View Post
Update: 1 rainstorm & 1 carwash = no leak!! Looks like it was the roof rack the second time around and the dealer got it fixed. They are also going to do a leather treatment on my seats as a courtesy for my troubles. They have bent over backwards for me. The service department manager has called me a couple of times to make sure everything is okay - what service!
Here is an update: We had rain and snow here this weekend and I had leaking again. Took it to the dealer and the problem this time was leaves had gotten into the sunroof track and worked their way back to the drain and clogged it up. This is not covered under warranty, so.... now we have to watch for leaves sneaking in and gumming up the works.

Everything

2008 Aura XR (Wifes)
Red Jewel - Tan Leather
Advanced Audio - Sunroof

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help khansen30 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-17-2008, 09:57 PM   #71
USN78
USN78 is on a distinguished road

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2007 Outlook XR

I just noticed a water leak over the weekend in our XR with sunroof and the water was leaking through the second row roof lights and dvd screen area. I have had the vehicle for over a year and this is our first leak isssue. Hope it doesnt get as bad as some of you have had. Have any of you still having leak issues? If not what did they do to fix the issue??? Need suggestions?????

---
07 Outlook XR AWD Silver Pearl
Black Leather w/ Capt. Chairs
Convenience
Enhanced Convenience
Touring/Trailoring
Advanced Audio w/ XM/DVD
Dual Sunroof's/HIDs
---
03 L300 Sedan

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to USN78's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help USN78 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
USN78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:40 PM   #72
ThePlainsman
Advanced Member
ThePlainsman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by USN78 View Post
I just noticed a water leak over the weekend in our XR with sunroof and the water was leaking through the second row roof lights and dvd screen area. I have had the vehicle for over a year and this is our first leak isssue. Hope it doesnt get as bad as some of you have had. Have any of you still having leak issues? If not what did they do to fix the issue??? Need suggestions?????
Jeez, you people are scaring me now. I bought mine in Feb '07. 22K miles. Pennsylvania winters. Parked outside. Zero leaks. Knock on wood.

2007 Saturn Outlook XR AWD, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather
2008 Acura RDX-Tech, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather
2002 Nissan Altiima V6, loaded, including HIDs and heated leather

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ThePlainsman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ThePlainsman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ThePlainsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:53 AM   #73
pcristi
pcristi is on a distinguished road

I've had a similar problem with my 08 Outlook - it's at the dealer right now. They have removed the headliner and the tech seemed to know what to do... I'm crossing my fingers. In my case, water came out from under the dash - on both sides and the third row roof mounted seat belt. The leak on the passenger side under the glove compartment also wet some electronics and that too has to be replaced.

Here's the kicker... (I can only assume that this is related to the leak onto the fusebox)

A couple of days ago, after a downpour, the engine kept running after I turned the ignition off. It idled for about 1 minute, then it stalled. The engine light came on and this kept on happening for the next 24 hours or so.

If anyone else has had this happen, please let me know what else the dealership did as a result. Would this damage the engine?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pcristi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pcristi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pcristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 03:46 PM   #74
khansen30

2008 AURA XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcristi View Post
I've had a similar problem with my 08 Outlook - it's at the dealer right now. They have removed the headliner and the tech seemed to know what to do... I'm crossing my fingers. In my case, water came out from under the dash - on both sides and the third row roof mounted seat belt. The leak on the passenger side under the glove compartment also wet some electronics and that too has to be replaced.

Here's the kicker... (I can only assume that this is related to the leak onto the fusebox)

A couple of days ago, after a downpour, the engine kept running after I turned the ignition off. It idled for about 1 minute, then it stalled. The engine light came on and this kept on happening for the next 24 hours or so.

If anyone else has had this happen, please let me know what else the dealership did as a result. Would this damage the engine?

It may not be that you have a leak. All of the leaks on mine have been fixed. The problem I am having and it is my own fault for leaving the sunroof open when parked is that leaves and other junk get into the drain tray and clog up the works, causing the water to run down the front pillars and on to the floor. I have to not use the sunroof to vent the car and I will be checking the tray and sunroof shield to make sure there is no debree to get into the tray.

Everything

2008 Aura XR (Wifes)
Red Jewel - Tan Leather
Advanced Audio - Sunroof

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-28-2008, 11:02 AM   #75
pcristi
pcristi is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your reply. The tech confirmed that the water coming down front of the truck and behind the dashboard was in fact due to faulty hoses leading from the sunroofs.

So far so good. After 4 days in the shop, I picked up my Outlook yesterday and no leak... This morning, I drove through a nasty thunderstorm and again, no leak.

I'm crossing my fingers.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pcristi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pcristi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pcristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:19 PM   #76
USN78
USN78 is on a distinguished road

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
2007 Outlook XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by USN78 View Post
Possible false alarm!!!! Since my leak issue it has thunderstormed/persistant rain and I washed the vehicle and made it a point to spray water on both sunroofs and at the seals. No water leak, knock on wood. I think my wife used the sunroof and didint have it shut all the way. Will keep an eye on it.

---
07 Outlook XR AWD Silver Pearl
Black Leather w/ Capt. Chairs
Convenience
Enhanced Convenience
Touring/Trailoring
Advanced Audio w/ XM/DVD
Dual Sunroof's/HIDs
---
03 L300 Sedan

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to USN78's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help USN78 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
USN78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:27 AM   #77
electbc
electbc is on a distinguished road

I got my 2008 outlook and the sunroof water leak potential was the first thing I checked.. No water at all. I had body work done on right side. Water on the carpet 2 months after body work. Of course the body shop wouldn't admit that it could have been anything they did, but it was only the right side front tube. We blew it out with air and all is well. It was most likely overspray, body filler or a pinched line. All is dry now but just a reminder to all , check it whenever any work is done and quarterly to see if anything blocks them. There are four tubes.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to electbc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help electbc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
electbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:39 PM   #78
300maximilien
300maximilien is on a distinguished road

2002 VUE 3.0L

Where do these drain tubes exit? In the wheel well? I have looked and looked and just can't find the exit.

GF just picked up an '07 Outlook with major roof leaks. So I am going to be digging into this tomorrow.

Drain tubes were "fixed in '09

will be checking

1. tubes for routing and kinks
2. blow out tubes
3. sealing holes above vista roof glass
4. sealing outside channel around vista glass with Dum Dum sealer

I sure hope this cures the issue since the liner is stained from the leaks and some mildew/mold is present!

2002 Saturn Vue V-6 81,000 miles
2002 Chrysler 300M Special 115,000 miles
1978 Dodge Li'l Red Express 78,000 miles
1997 Dodge Neon 2dr Sport 130,000 miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 300maximilien's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 300maximilien reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
300maximilien is offline   Reply With Quote