SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2011, 05:43 PM   #1
wolverines66
wolverines66 is on a distinguished road

Default Parking assist turned itself off

Hey guys,
Still learning the little things about my Outlook XR
Today it is snowing - it's a wet snow sticking to the car. When I started the car I had it in reverse for a bit but not moving.....it beeped a lot - I dont know about the lights because I wasn't looking at them. But as I was driving down the road after a while I noticed the "Parking Assist is Off" was on my dash.
When I got home I tried to use the check mark to turn it back on but it wouldn't. I cleaned off the sensors with my hand and restarted the car. No change.

Perhaps tomorrow morning it will be back to normal but I thought I'd get your thoughts on it?

Thanks,

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wolverines66's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wolverines66 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
wolverines66 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2011, 06:13 PM   #2
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR
Default Re: Parking assist turned itself off

ne did that any time snow covered the sensors on the bumper. just had to turn it back on

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 06:16 PM   #3
wolverines66
wolverines66 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefunkar View Post
ne did that any time snow covered the sensors on the bumper. just had to turn it back on
Thanks onefunkar. I tried turning it on, but it wouldn't do it. the check mark disappeared for a second but went right back on in front of the "off" each time. I'm hoping once all the ice/snow melts off it will work again.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wolverines66's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wolverines66 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
wolverines66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 06:19 PM   #4
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

have to wipe the stuff off of back bumper. mine didnt switch back on until i put it in gear.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #5
Cheddardip
Cheddardip is on a distinguished road

I have a 2008 Outlook XR. It looks like one of my parking sensors has been push into the bumper (a 3 year old daughter) or fell out. How would I replace this? Do I need to remove the bumper or is there an easier way? Part number?

Thanks in advance.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Cheddardip's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Cheddardip reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Cheddardip is offline   Reply With Quote