SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Introductions & Greetings
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2013, 02:54 AM   #1
awfulbeans
awfulbeans is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Quad Coupe
Default You guys are stuck with me now

I've been a die-hard Japanese car owner for the past 15 years - nothing but Hondas up until 2010, then I got a Nissan. Which turned me off on Nissans forever. A couple of friends have Ion quad coupes - one with a Redline, another with a 2004 Ion-2. They liked them, I liked the look of the quad coupe, and once I started looking at parts prices, I was sold.

Wound up picking up my 2006 Ion-3 quad coupe (5 speed) in January from CarMax. Had 67k when I got it, now has 71k. It's needed a couple of little things - new swaybar end link and a repair to the harness going to an evap solenoid (both done under warranty by CarMax), but it's been a fantastic car so far. Somehow it still has the original battery (with a mid-2005 build date). Interior looks brand new, hood has a few chips, otherwise the car looks brand new.

So yeah, that's my introduction, I guess.

My car is below. Yes, it's my photo. No, you can't use the photo as your own.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg amElXep.jpg (95.3 KB, 13 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to awfulbeans's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help awfulbeans reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
awfulbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2013, 02:27 AM   #2
KrgION03
KrgION03 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: You guys are stuck with me now

congrats!

Kyle

18 Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic, Narvik Black
15 Porsche Cayman, Carrara White
Previous:
13 Porsche Boxster
09 Mercedes-Benz C300
06 Mini Cooper S
05 Saab 9-3
03 Saturn Ion2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KrgION03's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KrgION03 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
KrgION03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:47 PM   #3
eneloop
eneloop is on a distinguished road

First I'll say, very cool picture. Second we have a few 2007 or newer cars in the family, and our ION is by far the the most loved. It has never had one single repair done to it. Not one single repair of anything.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to eneloop's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help eneloop reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
eneloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:16 PM   #4
Signmaster
Master Member
Signmaster is a name known to allSignmaster is a name known to allSignmaster is a name known to allSignmaster is a name known to allSignmaster is a name known to allSignmaster is a name known to all

1995 SL1

I'm not sure if I buy the story about switching from Jap cars. Does everyone think we should notify the site owner about allowing this guy to stay? The Ion photos could be a front...

I'm not sure how busy the Ion forums are, but if they are half as helpful as the S Series forums you'll find anything to want to find, and plenty of people to share the things you already know with. Welcome aboard.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Signmaster's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Signmaster reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Signmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:45 PM   #5
awfulbeans
awfulbeans is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Hah. The build quality on this is on par with my last Accord (2001 that was purchased with similar miles), and definitely better than my Altima (1999). My only gripe about build quality is my sunroof rattles a little bit when closed - I just try to drown it out with the stereo for now.

I've been in a couple of 2's though, and there was a very noticeable difference in road noise. I don't know if the 3 has more sound deadening or if the 2's I rode in just had really crappy tires - mine's pretty quiet inside, very easy to carry a conversation in even on the highway. Much quieter than my Altima, on par with the Accord.

I have a few other photos of it. Yes, I'm a camera whore - all of these were shot with a Nikon D5100 + 35mm f/1.8. Yes, I'm quite aware the front tires only have the slightest suggestion of tread ... replacing them when I get paid. As you can see from one photo, I did swap the foglight bulbs for yellow - they make a very noticeable difference in rain/fog compared to the original white bulbs, even though they're the same wattage. Supposedly yellow has a longer wavelength, allowing the beam to go further? Only other planned upgrade will be a new stereo, once I find a nice double-DIN head unit (and drop the cash on the harness to keep OnStar working, since I actually do have it active).

The Ion forums don't seem to be that busy, but there's still a lot of good information in them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CqbBeQDl.jpg (42.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg bRe7uokl.jpg (57.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 5GonAOg.jpg (54.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg y8mWyVkl.jpg (50.8 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by awfulbeans; 05-05-2013 at 11:51 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to awfulbeans's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help awfulbeans reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
awfulbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:43 PM   #6
andrew777
andrew777 is on a distinguished road

2000 SL2

Those are some awesomely awesome pictures! Welcome to the forum too!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to andrew777's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help andrew777 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
andrew777 is offline   Reply With Quote