SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Introductions & Greetings
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 08:13 PM   #1
RedNunez
RedNunez has a spectacular aura aboutRedNunez has a spectacular aura about

1997 SW2
Default My first Saturn and I'm in love

Hello all, since I got my first Saturn on 2/11/13 I've been slowly but surely falling in love with her and this forum. She's a beautiful Tardis blue 1997 sw2, 5 speed with a little over 118,000 miles. She needs a little TLC still; I've already fixed the parking brake, the drivers side power locks, and the 12v power socket, the rest of the stuff is cosmetic - headliner replacement, window tinting, that sort of thing. I love the pep she still has and she's a blast to drive. From the day I got her home this site has supplied all the answers to all the questions I had, none of my fixes would've been possible without it! Because of her age and the fact that I live 15 miles away from anything I know she needs to be well cared for if she's gonna continue to have a great life, I hope this forum will be my partner in the care and feeding of my new friend.
I thank all in the forums in advance for all the help and advice I know I will receive and for all that I already have.

Red Nunez

BTW, my toddler daughter calls the car Idris... Bonus props if anyone knows why

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RedNunez's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RedNunez reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RedNunez is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2013, 09:42 PM   #2
silv01
silv01 is on a distinguished road

2001 SL1
Default Re: My first Saturn and I'm in love

Sounds like you have a good car. Welcome to saturnfans!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to silv01's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help silv01 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
silv01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:53 PM   #3
ddeuces22
Advanced Member
ddeuces22 is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2

Welcome to the forums! There's a wealth of information on here and some really helpful people. If your going to do most of the diagnosing on your car it really helps to have a fuel pressure guage and compression kit. Not too many specialty tools are needed but those will help you diagnose any kind of engine issues you have.
Oh and check your oil regularly and change it every 3000....otherwise enjoy!

96 sl2 stage 1 midpenn cams,91/92 header,2.25 ss exhaust, ported and polished head, groundpounder, sda bones, pimped tranny mount, .40 o/s pistons, .25 u/s rods, .25 u/s crank,19mm progress swaybar

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ddeuces22's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ddeuces22 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ddeuces22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:39 PM   #4
nwgator
nwgator is on a distinguished road

1997 SL1

Glad you like it

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nwgator's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nwgator reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nwgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:42 PM   #5
RedNunez
RedNunez has a spectacular aura aboutRedNunez has a spectacular aura about

1997 SW2

I'm a bit of a fiend when it comes to checking and changing my oil and I don't like taking chances with my car. I live 15 miles from anywhere with only fields in between, so with a 2 year old in tow this car can't let me down.
I am taking a trip to San Diego this coming weekend and just found oil on my #1 plug... but, since it still has the plastic valve cover and I can't let her sit at all this week I'm going to have to push it without repair. Always take extra oil, coolant, ect with me when I travel, and she will be getting new copper plugs and wires today so hopefully the car gods will take pity on me.
I love these forums, so much good info, may have just saved my butt!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RedNunez's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RedNunez reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RedNunez is offline   Reply With Quote