SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 09:30 PM   #1
Linvala
Linvala is on a distinguished road

Dizzy Recurring P0122 errors.

Hey guys, I have a 2001 SL2 that started giving me a SES light one morning. Took it to get codes read and got:

P0122, P0341, P0122

Replaced the TPS and spark plugs, and it came back with P0122, P0122.

I searched the forums here and tried many bits of advice like wiggling the TPS to see if idle stayed steady or not (it did.) I also tried a second new TPS and replaced the ECTS as well.

Also, since the SES light came on, the car isn't shifting properly and refuses to go over 4000 RPM (flooring it at 50-55 mph does not cause it to downshift like it used to, and while going up a slight incline opening the throttle about 10% will cause it to downshift while it is at ~2000 RPM which is unusual.)

Me and my dad are at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Linvala's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Linvala reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Linvala is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2013, 09:48 PM   #2
bluesl2
bluesl2 is a glorious beacon of lightbluesl2 is a glorious beacon of lightbluesl2 is a glorious beacon of lightbluesl2 is a glorious beacon of lightbluesl2 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Recurring P0122 errors.

You either have a bad connection, wiring problem or a possible pcm issue. The s-series pcm is very reliable though so I would least suspect that. Inspect the terminals in the tps connector, make sure they are not bent, misformed,etc. You could try splicing on a different connector as well. Other than that, it would first be a good idea to do some continuity checks and such on the wires.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bluesl2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bluesl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bluesl2 is offline   Reply With Quote