SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2011, 05:22 PM   #1
black04ion91
black04ion91 is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Quad Coupe
Dizzy 04 Ion 2 Sunroof clunking while driving

I got my 04 Ion 2 about 2 years ago with 56k on it, now was 82k and maybe 6-9 months ago when i have my sunroof either all the way open or cracked and i go over any sort of bumps my sunroof makes a very loud clunk sound, almost sounding like its going to break off. I've never had a sunroof prior to this car, and i have never heard this noise from any of my friends who have sunroofs.

I have already checked all of the screws around the glass and on the track that i could get to, everything is tight, and the glass does not seem to move if i try to push it up or down. This is just starting to get annoying, especially living near Newark, NJ where the roads are just complete crap and i love my sunroof being open.

Thanks for the replies!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to black04ion91's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help black04ion91 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
black04ion91 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2011, 12:27 PM   #2
chilipepper1327
chilipepper1327 will become famous soon enough

2006 ION-3 Quad Coupe
Default Re: 04 Ion 2 Sunroof clunking while driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by black04ion91 View Post
I got my 04 Ion 2 about 2 years ago with 56k on it, now was 82k and maybe 6-9 months ago when i have my sunroof either all the way open or cracked and i go over any sort of bumps my sunroof makes a very loud clunk sound, almost sounding like its going to break off. I've never had a sunroof prior to this car, and i have never heard this noise from any of my friends who have sunroofs.

I have already checked all of the screws around the glass and on the track that i could get to, everything is tight, and the glass does not seem to move if i try to push it up or down. This is just starting to get annoying, especially living near Newark, NJ where the roads are just complete crap and i love my sunroof being open.

Thanks for the replies!
Remove the glass and have someone operate the sunroof while you watch what happens. It is a pretty simple mechanism.
My lock broke on the passenger side, and aside from replacing the whole cradle, not much I can do, so I just adjusted the glass lower in the roof line to aleviate some wind noise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to chilipepper1327's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help chilipepper1327 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
chilipepper1327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:53 PM   #3
black04ion91

2004 ION-2 Quad Coupe

Thanks, I'll give that a try when i get the chance, i'll post again after i do it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help black04ion91 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-18-2012, 11:26 PM   #4
black04ion91

2004 ION-2 Quad Coupe

I know it has been a while since i started this thread but i finally figured out what was wrong. Two of the three brackets that hold the glass to the module snapped. So I tried to use the poxy weld and that held until the first big bump in the road. So next spring i will be getting a new sunroof module from GMParts4U.com

REWARD EXCELLENCE!