SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Sky > Sky Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2008, 11:33 AM   #1
sdambros1
sdambros1 is on a distinguished road

2007 SKY Red Line
2007 SKY
Default Competitive Mode

The 2007 Saturn Sky Red Liner I own has 3 distinct driving modes: Tracking On, Tracking Off and Competitive Mode. I have asked Saturn for a tech document in regards to these three modes, what changes take place and how best to use them. So far its been over a month now and it seems no one from Saturn wants to talk about it. I found the cars performance is remarkably different in these 3 modes. The user manual is useless for the tech data I am looking for. Anybody have any info on this...especially the difference between Tracking Off and Comp Mode. I did notice that in the manual Comp mode is recommended for race tracks and similar venues. I had to laugh at that. What are they thinking.....a convertible at a race track...!!!

Thanks,

Steve

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sdambros1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sdambros1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sdambros1 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2008, 09:30 AM   #2
Gerry Proctor
Master Member
Gerry Proctor has a spectacular aura aboutGerry Proctor has a spectacular aura about

2008 Astra XR
2008 SKY Red Line
Default Re: Competitive Mode

Traction Control Off (one press of the trac button) just turns off the traction control only, meaning that you can burn some rubber in a straight line. Press the button twice and it turns off traction control and puts you in a semi-competitive mode, meaning that you could do a burn out and have some (a little) side slip without the computer taking over. This means that Stabilitrac is still active, but in a more tolerant mode. Press the track button twice and hold it in for a bit over five seconds turn off both traction control and Stabilitrac completely. You will always have ABS. There's no practical way to turn that off.

It would be impossible to say what mode is best for every scenario you could imagine.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Gerry Proctor's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Gerry Proctor reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Gerry Proctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 08:44 AM   #3
sdambros1
sdambros1 is on a distinguished road

2007 SKY Red Line
2007 SKY

Thank you Gerry! I appreciate the info. Soon I will have the Saturn technical explanation for this feature and I will post it here for all to read.

Best,

Steve D'

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sdambros1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sdambros1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sdambros1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:23 PM   #4
jr1
jr1 is on a distinguished road

2008 SKY Red Line

Never got that tech explanation huh? You lone reply is about all you are going to get and pretty much what it tells you when you read the manual

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It doesn't work and it annoys the pig.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jr1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jr1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:39 PM   #5
jr1
jr1 is on a distinguished road

2008 SKY Red Line

BTW: Stabilitrak or whatever they call it does work. I was doing 45 (exactly the limit) in the kerb lane of a 4 lane road when some dill weed looked right at me and pulled out of a fast foot joint about 50 feet in front of me (less than one second away). Luckily there was nothing beside me or close behind. I threw out the anchor and made a violent avoidance maneuver. The Red Line went sideways into the next lane before any significant braking had occured and I thought I was going to do a 360. But it just straightened out like nothing had happened and continued on with out a wiggle in the other lane. As I passed the idiot he looked at me with a dumb "whaaaaat?" look. It wasn't even worth wasting my time giving him the finger or running him off the road. He was too stupid to figure it out anyway. Besides, I was so relieved and surprised I didn't really care.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It doesn't work and it annoys the pig.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jr1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jr1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jr1 is offline   Reply With Quote