SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2012, 11:54 PM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Saturn Reunion Announced

A new page entry has been added:

Saturn Reunion Announced

Quote:
SaturnFans.com is excited to announce dates for the first-ever virtual Saturn Reunion this fall: October 25, 2012. Mark your calendars! The first Saturn was sold on October 25, 1990 and later this year Saturn fans from around the world will get back together - online - to reminisce, remember, and catch up on life after Saturn.

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2012, 06:59 AM   #2
eelfliw
eelfliw is on a distinguished road

2009 Outlook XE
2002 SL
Default Re: Saturn Reunion Announced

I'm surprised to hear of the reunion. A virtual reunion at that. Looking forward to it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to eelfliw's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help eelfliw reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
eelfliw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:16 AM   #3
27Rings
27Rings is on a distinguished road

2009 SKY Red Line

Interesting concept. I'm looking forward to seeing how this comes together. We're on our third Saturn, this one an '09 Sky Redline.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 27Rings's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 27Rings reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
27Rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:01 AM   #4
poppa pete
poppa pete is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L
2000 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Could be interesting. We are driving our third and fourth Saturns - an 03 VUE and an 07 SKY. My wife is ticked that she can not replace her VUE with another Saturn. I really miss the 'Saturn experience' at the dealership. Service and care is not the same.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to poppa pete's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help poppa pete reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
poppa pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:01 AM   #5
ericb45696
ericb45696 is on a distinguished road

2005 ION-1 Sedan

coooool beans!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ericb45696's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ericb45696 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ericb45696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:34 PM   #6
shrox
shrox is on a distinguished road

I have the option of buying a new car now that my business is doing better, but I am going to refurbish my 1997 SC-1.

shrox
www.shrox.com

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to shrox's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help shrox reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
shrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:29 PM   #7
Dropped Ion
Dropped Ion is on a distinguished road

Great idea...it brought me back to the forum.

-------------------------------------------------
2011 Dodge Challenger R/T
6 speed manual
20" rims w/ 3.92 rear end
5.7 liter HEMI V8 making 400+ ft-lbs of torque

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dropped Ion's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dropped Ion reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Dropped Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:04 PM   #8
DigitalSaturns
DigitalSaturns is on a distinguished road

Will we see any/many of the old timers?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DigitalSaturns's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DigitalSaturns reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DigitalSaturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:44 AM   #9
SalemCat
SalemCat will become famous soon enough

Whatever happened to Saturn, anyhow ? Why did sales plummet ?

Judging by the number of S-Series I see still on the road, they could not have been that bad.

I bought my 95SW2 and 98SW2 new. My dad bought his 96SW2 new, and now that he can't drive, it's mine. So I own three essentially identical cars; all are daily drivers.

Saturns have issues, but all in all I like them better than any other new car I ever purchased.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SalemCat's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SalemCat reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SalemCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:12 PM   #10
SalemCat
SalemCat will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalemCat View Post
Whatever happened to Saturn, anyhow ? Why did sales plummet ?

Judging by the number of S-Series I see still on the road, they could not have been that bad.

I bought my 95SW2 and 98SW2 new. My dad bought his 96SW2 new, and now that he can't drive, it's mine. So I own three essentially identical cars; all are daily drivers.

Saturns have issues, but all in all I like them better than any other new car I ever purchased.
Oh oh.

This may be the answer:

http://www.thestreet.com/story/11381...-all-time.html

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SalemCat's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SalemCat reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SalemCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:04 PM   #11
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Arrow Re: Saturn Reunion Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalemCat View Post
I think that assessment of the Ion is harsh. Ultimately, it was a series of issues that added up over time that took down Saturn, not all of which were necessarily Saturn's fault. Here's my take:

http://www.saturnfans.com/stories/go...ride-1985-2010

Excellent question though. I think you'll see lots more information on Saturn's history as we get closer to the reunion.

Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:05 PM   #12
dsquare86
dsquare86 is on a distinguished road

2002 SL1
2001 SL2

I like the ION, it will likely be the replacement to my S Series in the future.

Derek
2002 Saturn SL1 SOHC 5 Speed.
2001 Saturn SL2 DOHC 5 Speed - Retired.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dsquare86's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dsquare86 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dsquare86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:34 PM   #13
G.M.
G.M. is on a distinguished road

1998 SL2

online reunion sounds good.
here's a couple pics - I worked at Saturn of Clearwater, and we had the first Saturn ever sold in our showroom.

turbo saturn - 400 club
www.sixthsphere.com
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3895969/1998-saturn-s-series-sl2-sedan-4d

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to G.M.'s Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help G.M. reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
G.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:54 PM   #14
slipstream
slipstream is on a distinguished road

2001 SC2

As for the ION story above,

It just seems like the author had a bad experience with one. I can think of older Hyundais, and Cavaliers that violate a lot more categories than an Ion does.

The online Saturn reunion seems cool. An actual meet would be awesome :P

Rick: You think you love her Shayne.. But ya don't

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to slipstream's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help slipstream reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
slipstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:18 AM   #15
cityhawk
Master Member
cityhawk is a name known to allcityhawk is a name known to allcityhawk is a name known to allcityhawk is a name known to allcityhawk is a name known to allcityhawk is a name known to all

1993 SW2
2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

Hey Charlie, it's great to see you around here keeping the flame alive so to speak. It would be cool to see if we could get a hold of some of the old-timers who used to frequent this message board.

Saturns:
1993 SW2 MT 182,000 hard Boston city miles ("Rozzie")
Gone but not forgotten:
2001 LW300 ("Elle")
1999 SW2 MT
Project cars:
1966 Corvair Monza convertible
1928 Ford Model A Tudor Sedan

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cityhawk's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cityhawk reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cityhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:44 PM   #16
fm2200
fm2200 is on a distinguished road

2001 SL
Happy Re: Saturn Reunion Announced

There are hundreds of old Saturns running around here where I live. It's almost as though the brand was still alive. Even guys that drive Japanese cars like the Saturn brand. I believe the styling was dull and utility looking on the last of the Ion's. My 2001 SL still looks good to me, but what do I know. I will never buy a foreign car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fm2200's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fm2200 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fm2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:22 AM   #17
PFX7
PFX7 is on a distinguished road

1997 SC2
1994 SC2

There is one simple reason why Saturn died: They stopped making the S-Series!

GM is to blame ofcourse. They made stupid decisions and forced Saturn to use standard GM engines and parts. Everyone knows how awesome and unique saturns were but GM had to turn them into another 'Chevy' like brand like Pontiac. Imo Saturn died in 2002 when they stopped making S-Series.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to PFX7's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help PFX7 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
PFX7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:22 PM   #18
dummo
Master Member
dummo is just really nicedummo is just really nicedummo is just really nicedummo is just really nicedummo is just really nice

1997 SW2

I had a 1992 SL2 (loved it even after a terrible woman t-boned it). Traded it in for a 1994 SL1 ( the local dealer needed used Saturns so ran a promotion to induce trade-ins). In 1996 I reluctantly traded it in for a minivan for my new baby daughter. in Nov 2003 I bought an Ion3 and loved it until a college kid totalled it on me almost exactly 8 years later. I took a small piece of the Insurance money and bpught a 1997 SW2 with 124,000 miles for $1,500 and I love it. The S-series is the real McCoy but the Ion comes close in my mind as the last real Saturn. I now have a worse case of Saturn fever than I had in 1992 when we Saturn owners would flash our headlights to each other on the road. I would love to see Saturn resurrected and just produce a modern S- series car only and leave the bigger metal skinned cars to everyone else. Gas efficient, small and unique - much like Mini, Smart or Fiat - only better!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dummo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dummo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dummo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:31 PM   #19
Glasact
Glasact is on a distinguished road

2009 AURA XR
2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

I plan to be there!! My wife and I have owned seven Saturns since 1996. We still have three of them including our first one, a Bright Red 1994 SC2 with only 75,000 miles on it, still turns heads and looks like New. Also have a loaded 2002 L200 with only 25,000 miles on it, stored every winter, never ever seen a snowflake. And an 2009 Carbon Flash Aura XR as our daily driver. We love all of them.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Glasact's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Glasact reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Glasact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:57 PM   #20
curls
curls is on a distinguished road

1992 SC2

I'll be popping in. I had to sell my Saturn & move on... but it did me well... from the good gas mileage to the easy to do home repairs. I'll with the help of this forum's folks of course!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to curls's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help curls reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
curls is offline   Reply With Quote