SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Astra > Astra General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #1
bellman246
bellman246 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR
Default D5103

So i got the D5103 in the mail last week and when i went to install it my dash is actually silver not grey. Do you know if it is possible to get a repayment face plate or paint it so there is an exact match?

Any help would be appreciated.

- 2008 Saturn Astra XR 5dr Twilight Blue
- Manual
- 8000k HID, LED Corner Lights, LED Plate Light, Yellow Fog lights
- Shark Fin
- MTX sound System with 10 inch sub
- D5103
- Pro Lines

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bellman246's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bellman246 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bellman246 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2012, 02:06 PM   #2
outtafocus
outtafocus is on a distinguished road

Default Re: D5103

The D5103 is supposed to be an exact match to the grey interior.
Is it possible they send you the wrong unit?
The box will have the part number right next to the UPC code.

I have seen many pics of the grey unit and it looks identical to the car it is installed in.

Try emailing them and ask if it has the wrong fascia?

I have read on astraownersnetwork.co.uk that any wrong fascias, and Eonon just ships out the correct fascia.

They do have a help thread on AON, but i think you have to be a paid member to view.

http://www.astraownersnetwork.co.uk/...?115-Eonon-com

If you can access it, post your question there.

08 Astra XR/SRi 3Door, Star Silver, 18" Penta Alloys, Irmscher Boot Spoiler
16" SRi Alloys, Kumho I'Zen Winter Tyres, Yakima roof rack, Rockymounts Pitchfork,
Eonon D5107, Blue LED conversion

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to outtafocus's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help outtafocus reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
outtafocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:03 PM   #3
bellman246

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by outtafocus View Post
The D5103 is supposed to be an exact match to the grey interior.
Is it possible they send you the wrong unit?
The box will have the part number right next to the UPC code.

I have seen many pics of the grey unit and it looks identical to the car it is installed in.

Try emailing them and ask if it has the wrong fascia?

I have read on astraownersnetwork.co.uk that any wrong fascias, and Eonon just ships out the correct fascia.

They do have a help thread on AON, but i think you have to be a paid member to view.

If you can access it, post your question there.
What i was trying to say is my dash is actually silver. But i ordered the grey because thats what i though my dash was.

- Manual
- Shark Fin
- D5103
- Pro Lines

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help bellman246 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-06-2012, 07:56 PM   #4
outtafocus

Oh, well that sucks.

You could still contact them and see if you can buy the correct fascia.

16" SRi Alloys, Kumho I'Zen Winter Tyres, Yakima roof rack, Rockymounts Pitchfork,

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help outtafocus reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 05-07-2012, 08:16 AM   #5
nebbie69
nebbie69 is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellman246 View Post
What i was trying to say is my dash is actually silver. But i ordered the grey because thats what i though my dash was.
I'd try and contact them maybe you can return it for the right color.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nebbie69's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nebbie69 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
nebbie69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:49 AM   #6
romanster
romanster is on a distinguished road

Definitely get in touch with them first, they may just be able to help you out. When I got my VXMMI I wanted to get a new faceplate and TTints said it would be 30 GBP shipped. Perhaps the eonon would be around the same price, or they may just exchange your whole unit.

How much did you you pay in total with shipping? Was there any brokerage or duties to pay? Did it come with all the cables and accessories, and did you get it with US Can maps?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to romanster's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help romanster reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
romanster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:52 AM   #7
bellman246

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanster View Post
Definitely get in touch with them first, they may just be able to help you out. When I got my VXMMI I wanted to get a new faceplate and TTints said it would be 30 GBP shipped. Perhaps the eonon would be around the same price, or they may just exchange your whole unit.

How much did you you pay in total with shipping? Was there any brokerage or duties to pay? Did it come with all the cables and accessories, and did you get it with US Can maps?
Sorry it took so long for the reply i have been very busy. I finally got the unit installed on the weekend. I love it. Not sure about the costs as it was a gift from my father. It came with all of the necessary cables and accessories. Yes i got it with the Canada/US maps. They are different than the ones that come with the unit. I ended up going with the iGo maps.

I have gotten in touch with Eonon and they are recommending me to take it to a shop and get the faceplate painted. First of all i have no idea where i would get it painted and might not be worth the extra cost. I am still in contact with them trying to see if i can just get the new faceplate.

I can't post pictures until i have made 15 or more posts. I will post one as soon as i have done that.

- Manual
- Shark Fin
- D5103
- Pro Lines

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-15-2012, 11:55 AM   #8
bellman246

2008 Astra XR

Turns out that was my 15th post!

- Manual
- Shark Fin
- D5103
- Pro Lines

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-17-2012, 06:21 PM   #9
outtafocus

It actually doesnt look horrible, if painting would cost to much and Eonon have no other faceplate options, living with the 2 tone isnt all that bad.

The more I have a chance to play with the settings the more I am liking the unit. There are some odd things with it, but mostly navigation through the menus could be a little more clear. Other than that Im happy. Definite improvement in sound quality.

I dont really like that it has weak radio signal, I have read that an antenna booster helps, im not to worried because when I reinstall my satellite radio I will never use the regular radio again.

I dont mind the standard Navi software. Seems to work well and actually has my street on it, even Google only just added it to their maps.

The iGo maps, can you get any screen shots? how different is it? Easy to load onto the unit?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-19-2012, 08:22 PM   #10
bellman246

2008 Astra XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by outtafocus View Post
It actually doesnt look horrible, if painting would cost to much and Eonon have no other faceplate options, living with the 2 tone isnt all that bad.

The more I have a chance to play with the settings the more I am liking the unit. There are some odd things with it, but mostly navigation through the menus could be a little more clear. Other than that Im happy. Definite improvement in sound quality.

I dont really like that it has weak radio signal, I have read that an antenna booster helps, im not to worried because when I reinstall my satellite radio I will never use the regular radio again.

I dont mind the standard Navi software. Seems to work well and actually has my street on it, even Google only just added it to their maps.

The iGo maps, can you get any screen shots? how different is it? Easy to load onto the unit?
I really don't mind the two tone. If they can't send me the faceplate i will not bother with painting it.

I have not had any problems with the radio but i have not really listened to it much.

The only complaint that i have so far is that when you are listing to bluetooth music you can't use the steeringwheel wheel or remote to change the songs. This is really frustrating because i always have to look down and touch the screen to change the song. Also i have an iPhone 4 and the iPod interface only plays songs. I can't access the menus for some reason.

Have you had this problem?

- Manual
- Shark Fin
- D5103
- Pro Lines

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 05-20-2012, 04:16 PM   #11
outtafocus

I dont use an Iphone so have no experience with that issue.

I tried the bluetooth audio with my phone and it worked great, but I dont want to be messing with my phone all the time so I just put all my music on a USB stick. Works for me.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!