SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #1
95sc2guy
95sc2guy is on a distinguished road

1995 SC2
Default first speeding ticket

sooo yea i got my first speeding ticket everr today not very happy about that i was going 62 on a 35 in my 95 sc2 and i got flagged by a cop on the side of the road FML lesson learned im only 22 and its my first time there goes 280 :'(

PROUD OWNER OF A 1995 SATURN SC2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 95sc2guy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 95sc2guy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
95sc2guy is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #2
txsaturn
txsaturn is on a distinguished road

Default Re: first speeding ticket

62 in a 35? Ouch....

Please tell me this was right after a reduction in the speed limit or something. Otherwise that's just plain foolish.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to txsaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help txsaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
txsaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:48 PM   #3
regenoldiii
regenoldiii is on a distinguished road

1995 SC1

I can understand how you can easily do 50 in a 35 (there are some ridiculously low speed limits nobody follows around Pittsburgh), but 62 in a 35 is essentially highway speeds in a residential area. You'll need to explain...

Vehicles:
----------
'95 Saturn SC1 (single owner)
'99 Mustang GT (sold)
'09 Toyota RAV Sport
'09 BMW 135i

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to regenoldiii's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help regenoldiii reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
regenoldiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:29 PM   #4
95sc2guy

1995 SC2

LOL explain well to be honest when your young you do stupid things and this was deff one of my moments ykno you got a nice car with nice rims and new stereo system you floor it at a stop light its a age thing trust me i was simply trying to have fun but like i said huge lesson learned personally i couldnt believe how fast he said i was going but you live and you learn

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help 95sc2guy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-10-2012, 05:05 PM   #5
adventureoflink
Master Member
adventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura about

1997 SL2

You're lucky they didn't:

* summon you in court to take your license away or suspend it at the very least
* charge you with reckless driving

just so ya know, 62 in a 35 is 27 miles over the speed limit, and in Kentucky (and I think Owe-Higho and Indy as well) that's grounds to get summoned to court for a license suspending. also, yay for having to pay an extra $10-15/mo on your insurance for the next several years/insurance terms...

(on another note, if your mom saw that ticket, Paul Simon's line in "Down by the Schoolyard" would apply... it's against the law... it was against the law... what your momma saw... it was against the law...)

97 SL2
DOB: 3/19/97
Date Obtained: 5/30/07

2004 Merc G.Marquis GS
DOB: 2/4/04
Date Obtained: 7/6/12

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to adventureoflink's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help adventureoflink reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
adventureoflink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:05 PM   #6
txsaturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sc2guy View Post
LOL explain well to be honest when your young you do stupid things and this was deff one of my moments ykno you got a nice car with nice rims and new stereo system you floor it at a stop light its a age thing trust me i was simply trying to have fun but like i said huge lesson learned personally i couldnt believe how fast he said i was going but you live and you learn
At age 22, you should know better. This country, for some reason, has let you help pick its leaders for 4 years already.

Don't know what rims and a stereo system have to do with anything. Plus, you drive a slow car. It took work to get going that fast (i.e. the "I didn't realize how fast I was going" excuse rings hollow). Oh well, hopefully you actually did learn a lesson. In the end, though, we all do stupid %*^&, so all's well that ends well.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help txsaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-11-2012, 03:22 AM   #7
fetchitfido
fetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to behold

1996 SC2
1997 SW2

62 in a 35? Your not trying hard enough. My last ticket was $330, 8pts and was for 80 in a 50 and was only for that slow because I got slowed down from 95 before the radar locked in. Never seen an officer so pissed off over speed....

In my defense, I don't know of a more lonely 2 miles of road in this area.

Florida cops are hypocrites for pulling over speeder's, based on those news report's, I don't think any of 'em know how to do less then 20 over the limit.

Collection of S-Series info: "https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5D8XfJgavxrdE5mcHBlMG5rbUU&usp=sharing"
3 ECTS pigtails, 1 ECTS FS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:56 AM   #8
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetchitfido View Post
62 in a 35? Your not trying hard enough. My last ticket was $330, 8pts and was for 80 in a 50 and was only for that slow because I got slowed down from 95 before the radar locked in. Never seen an officer so pissed off over speed....

Florida cops are hypocrites for pulling over speeder's, based on those news report's, I don't think any of 'em know how to do less then 20 over the limit.
In 2001, a couple weeks after purchasing my 2001 Lexus IS300, I got pulled over at 1:00am for doing 115+ in 55 on the highway. Got off with a warning. Not one of my brightest moments, but one of my luckiest.

Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2 - Gone, but not forgotten.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2001 Chevrolet Suburban
-2011 Rally Yellow Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:13 AM   #9
sideup66
sideup66 is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
In 2001, a couple weeks after purchasing my 2001 Lexus IS300, I got pulled over at 1:00am for doing 115+ in 55 on the highway. Got off with a warning. Not one of my brightest moments, but one of my luckiest.
Tell me about it, in some states if caught going that fast its a straight ride to a jailcell, regardless of ticket. Where I live the cops love to give everyone a hard time . Dont ask me how I know this....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sideup66's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sideup66 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sideup66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:32 AM   #10
95sc2guy

1995 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetchitfido View Post

FLORIDA COPS ARE HYPOCRITES for pulling over speeder's, based on those news report's, I don't think any of 'em know how to do less then 20 over the limit.
that is so right the cop couldnt have been more of a deuche i mistakenly gave him the wrong papers when he asked for registration cuz i was so freaked out of the whole situation he threw the papers back into my car and was like this doesnt tell me s*&^ about who owns this car even when i was trying to be nice and explain myself and apologize for my stupidity he justs walks away i cant believe i dont atleast get a warning i have never went against the law ever before but oh well im just gunna take an online course to avoid any points

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-11-2012, 10:45 AM   #11
txsaturn

Quote:
t i cant believe i dont atleast get a warning

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #12
95sc2guy

1995 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by txsaturn View Post
lmfao i feel the same way

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-11-2012, 11:51 AM   #13
unkle bik
Master Member
unkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the roughunkle bik is a jewel in the rough

2007 AURA XR
2008 Astra XE

Quote:
sooo yea i got my first speeding ticket everr today not very happy about that i was going 62 on a 35 in my 95 sc2 and i got flagged by a cop on the side of the road FML lesson learned im only 22 and its my first time there goes 280 :'(
did he wwrite u upp for no punkuashun

93 SW2
96 SL2
01 SL2
02 L200
08 Astra Xe
07 Aura XR

Complacency leads to mediocrity.
Mediocrity leads to our demise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to unkle bik's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help unkle bik reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
unkle bik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #14
Midnight13
Midnight13 is on a distinguished road

1998 SL
2005 VUE 3.5L

In NY if it's 40mph over the speed limit, it's automatic they pull your license, and your ticket is for wreckless driving instead of for just speeding.

Curious as to how you know your fine already??? did you already go to court?

I used to be one of those dumbarse early 20's kids. I've now got 40 tickets under my belt that i'm not proud of.So much money pi$$sed away on fines!!

6 of them were speeding, a few ya, they sat at bottom of hills,or changed zones, but one was 82 in a 45. I was racing from light to light. I could of lost my license over my stupid pride!!!

Now it's been 3 yrs since my last ticket, with 6 vehicles insured, and 2 with full collision, my premium is the lowest it's ever been!! Even my last ticket, I was 2 weeks away from having my son.(9m preg) I got a speeding ticket and no seatbelt. They changed that areas speedzone from 55 to 45 and didn't realize it, so i was ticketed for 53 in a 45. I lucked out getting the seatbelt dropped and speeding reduced to a parking ticket. Only stupid tickets in my whole pregnancy too!

Something about having kids, a house, job and responsibilities, and not worrying about rims and getting lost in your sound system and stupid ****e like that makes you grow up! Hope it's lesson learned..wish I had someone knock some sense into me years ago!

"Not for human consumption!" - Peas in the Pod

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Peas-in-a-Pod/160649663950771

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Midnight13's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Midnight13 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Midnight13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:00 PM   #15
95sc2guy

1995 SC2

welll the cop gave me the ticket right there at the spot this was just yesterday morning he gave the ticket and this green paper that has 3 different options on how to deal with the fine im gunna take the online course obviously to avoid anything on my car insurance whats irratating is that in the spot they were at they arent there all the time

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-12-2012, 07:32 AM   #16
txsaturn

Quote:
whats irratating is that in the spot they were at they arent there all the time
Yeah, cops tend to set traps in different spots in order to keep people from going 27 mph over the speed limit everywhere, not just known spots.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-12-2012, 11:08 AM   #17
sideup66
sideup66 is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L

I remember the worst I had gotten was tailgating at 19. The cop was a local town cop and i honestly was riding the guys bumper because I was in a hurry to be somewhere. The cop didnt work with me at all and was a complete moron. Try an $80 fine and 5 pt offense! Yikes. Yeah, at 19 I was scared. Went to court and had it reduced to a higher fine/no points. It wasnt exactly when my lightbulb shined brightest....have to be careful.

I wouldve asked the cop if he could just give me a seatbelt fine (which was about 120 at the time with no point) but the way he was acting I was afraid of him flipping out at me for going that fast.

Finally my last bit of advice...I dont care how good of a driver you are but WEAR A SEATBELT....Had a encounter with someone not wearing one (no injuries thankfully) but I learned damn fast. My rule in the car: no seatbelt, you can walk then.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sideup66's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sideup66 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sideup66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:49 PM   #18
XRL
Master Member
XRL will become famous soon enoughXRL will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE Red Line

This thread is such an epic fail it's got to be a joke.

First of all, you're 22. You're not 16, you're old enough to know better. Grow the f up.

Second of all, you have a '95 Saturn SL. It is not a nice car, it's an old POS econobox, and you've got no reason to be driving it around like some sort of race car. See point #1, grow up.

Third, you got lucky. Being in a 35 means it was likely a residential area, meaning going that fast in it is easily grounds for reckless driving or something else like that. The cop could have easily made this the last time you drove for several years, but let you off easy. Hopefully you learned your lesson to grow up.

Seriously, at 22 you should know better, you're not some stupid teenager, you're a grown adult. Try to act like one.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:53 AM   #19
1sksc2
1sksc2 has a spectacular aura about1sksc2 has a spectacular aura about

1996 SL2

93 sc2 123,xxx, manual trans @ 143 in a 65. lmao bye bye sc2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 1sksc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 1sksc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
1sksc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:27 AM   #20
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to beholdLow Saturn is a splendid one to behold

2008 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sksc2 View Post
93 sc2 123,xxx, manual trans @ 143 in a 65. lmao bye bye sc2
Must of had that SC2 connected to another car, because it wouldn't go that fast under its own power.

Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2 - Gone, but not forgotten.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2001 Chevrolet Suburban
-2011 Rally Yellow Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote