SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2012, 08:14 PM   #1
kwayne4588
kwayne4588 is on a distinguished road

1997 SC2
Default Love my Saturn

Recently I purchased a 97 SC2 with 136k miles. I am not a mechanic but because of necessity I have done some minor work on my vehicles for the past 29 years. Out of all the vehicles I have owned the Saturn has proven the easiest to work on and it seems that it will prove the easiest to maintain.

Why in the world did GM discontinue a vehicle line that is so user friendly. Panels do not rust or ding like other cars, car uses lego mentallity to repair (one model fits all), great gas mileage (even at 136k, what other car can boast 28+ mpg for city driving with that many miles on it?), easy to repair.

Wait I know why...maybe there wasn't enough sales for oem parts and mechanics weren't making any money since the owners could do the repairs.

Keep up the great work, you all are making my Saturn a joy to drive and maintain.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kwayne4588's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kwayne4588 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kwayne4588 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2012, 09:58 PM   #2
Highmile
Advanced Member
Highmile is on a distinguished road

1995 SL1
Default Re: Love my Saturn

Repeat after me....

I am kwayne4588 and I'm addicted to my saturn....

You are right on on all points. When the dealership near us was closing I stopped in to pick up a few odds and ends. Told them I knew why they were closing. I got the ok smart guy tell us why look.... Told them they built their cars too good (mine was near 400k at the time)

Highmile
'95 SL1 480k and counting

Highmile
95 sl1 496k (rebuilt engine)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Highmile's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Highmile reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Highmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:07 PM   #3
adventureoflink
Master Member
adventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura about

1997 SL2
Default Re: Love my Saturn

In all seriousness, thank corporate greed and big trucks at the time being the money makers. Also, you can blame the same reasons why Oldsmobile, Pontiac, and even Saab were gone -- TOO many ripoffs, hardly any originals. Saturn was starting down this same path as well. (Sometimes I wonder if Saturn would've started business beginning in 2000, by now they'd be alive and selling like hotcakes )

For the most part, it's also obvious that many of the other Saturn car lines were all one and done, WORSE than Chevrolet or even Geo put together.

As for the other Saturns being easy to work on and DIY friendly, the jury is still out on that one (OTOH we DO have all the Saturn lines here for a reason...)

97 SL2
DOB: 3/19/97
Date Obtained: 5/30/07

2004 Merc G.Marquis GS
DOB: 2/4/04
Date Obtained: 7/6/12

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to adventureoflink's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help adventureoflink reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
adventureoflink is offline   Reply With Quote