SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2011, 02:37 AM   #1
greenman
greenman will become famous soon enough

2009 AURA XE
Default Secondary Air Injection check valve

On my '09 with 13k miles the secondary air injection check valve has just crapped out (dealer diagnosis) throwing a P0411 DTC. Pretty short-lived I'd say.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to greenman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help greenman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
greenman is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2011, 06:21 PM   #2
whiteshadow
whiteshadow is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Secondary Air Injection check valve

uhhh ok

07 aura xr
98 explorer 5.0
93 miata, not stock
77 f150

im not nice

number of times ban.T

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to whiteshadow's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help whiteshadow reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
whiteshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:39 PM   #3
greenman

2009 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteshadow View Post
uhhh ok
thats sig material

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help greenman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-13-2011, 05:00 PM   #4
whiteshadow
whiteshadow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenman View Post
thats sig material
i see what you did there

07 aura xr
98 explorer 5.0
93 miata, not stock
77 f150

im not nice

number of times ban.T

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to whiteshadow's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help whiteshadow reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
whiteshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:53 PM   #5
greenman

2009 AURA XE

Update:
So after the dealer replaced the AIR check valve that seemed to solve it until yesterday morning when the 411 code popped again after the first cold start of the day. Drove directly to the dealer & now they want to replace the AIR inlet hose "per bulletin J7933" (which I can't find any reference to online so I've no clue what it says). I reminded the SA that the engine only has 13k miles & the likelihood of a clogged inlet hose seems pretty remote. Maybe there is a design flaw in the hose. Dunno. I'm getting the feeling that they are throwing parts at it because they really don't troubleshoot problems anymore. The AIR pump is definitely pulling air from the air filter box at cold start so the pump seemingly works ok. Of course, none of these parts are in stock & are coming from some warehouse with a 5 day or so lag time.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 12-09-2011, 01:33 AM   #6
greenman

2009 AURA XE

Got the new AIR inlet hose today but I have about zero confidence that has fixed anything. It's just a simple hose (& not a very used one at that). It took them 1hr & 45 min to replace the damn thing which looks to me like a 5 minute job. I'm starting to get ticked off. This makes four trips to this dealer for this issue so far. I think I'll take it up with GM customer service tomorrow.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-09-2012, 12:08 AM   #7
greenman

2009 AURA XE

Thought I'd post on how this finally turned out.

After the dealer replaced the check valve & both hoses (incoming to the pump & outgoing from the pump) with no joy, they then replaced the SAI pump & that has solved it for over a month now. That pump always ran for me when I fed it 12v directly (it's just a simple turbine air driver), so it's still a mystery wrapped in an enigma to me.

Too bad for me I'm the one who drew the lucky straw on this problem. It appears to be all but a nonexistant issue between the Aura, Malibu & G6.

There are seven SAI system DTCs but I only ever got the one for insufficient airflow.

Maybe this will help someone someday & save them a lot of wasted time.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-22-2013, 11:03 PM   #8
greenman

2009 AURA XE

After having no problems since replacing the air pump 10 months ago it just farted out another p0411 code tonight. Back to haunt me like an old ex.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-25-2013, 10:42 AM   #9
golftango
golftango is on a distinguished road

2009 AURA XE

That's pretty crazy, never heard of this issue before. Thank goodness for the powertrain warranty.

Have you checked the exhaust catalyst as well as the exhaust ports for damage or holes that could give a false reading?

'09 Saturn Aura XE (sold 2013)
'11 Kia Optima LX
'09 Mazda 5 Grand Touring

Last edited by golftango; 02-25-2013 at 10:54 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to golftango's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help golftango reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
golftango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:12 PM   #10
greenman

2009 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by golftango View Post
That's pretty crazy, never heard of this issue before. Thank goodness for the powertrain warranty.
SAI isn't covered under PT warranty & my B2B expired a couple months back.

Quote:
Have you checked the exhaust catalyst as well as the exhaust ports for damage or holes that could give a false reading?
There are 6 or 7 tests that run on that system but I only ever get the 411 DTC. A downstream hole should set another code.

I seem to be the only one with issues with the SAI system on this platform. Lucky me. I'll probably just ignore it for awhile & see if it pops another code though I'm pretty anal about ignoring issues on my own cars.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!