SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2011, 03:09 PM   #21
lovemonkey
lovemonkey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRL View Post
Clean your windowsill. And windows. Windex ftw, lol.
Danny is busy modding his tupperware, he doesn't have time for windows.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lovemonkey's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lovemonkey reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lovemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2011, 01:23 AM   #22
DannyChaos
DannyChaos is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Megan lowering springs

I will be sure to scrub the screen window with windex asap. The room is a loft over my garage,not really to worried about dust or dirt up there.

A few install pics before and after.I will take a few more tomorrow when its light out.

Before. Bottom of fender to top of tire was about the same all the way around.

After. Again,about the same all the way around. Nice and even.

Fronts

Rears

Sponsored by Rubbermaid

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DannyChaos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DannyChaos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DannyChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 01:58 AM   #23
DannyChaos

So was the purchase worth it?
150% YES! I got a clean 2 inches out of it so far and thats fine with me.They look nice,fit nice and all in all are a well made product. Now for my true reasoning behind being so stoked about these springs.
I pushed the H3LL!! out of this thing tonight! There is a nice twisty stretch of road that I know like the back of my hand from years of ripping it on the CBR.
Never any cars on it,no houses to speak of and the perfect place to test out the new investment. I made a total of 4 passes increasing in speed each time.The road is about 3 miles long and has a bit of every kind of turn,from low speed hair pins and switch backs to long sweepers. Saying I am impressed would be an understatement. It is way more responsive! Nice and flat through the turns with little to no roll at all. I did not notice any form of uncontrollable under or oversteer. Not a peep out of the tires the whole time.The ride is much stiffer but not at all to the point where you are banging around losing fillings or anything.In fact it is pretty darn smooth for a lowered vehicle.
In my opinion it was $150 and change very well spent.

Sponsored by Rubbermaid

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help DannyChaos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-25-2011, 10:35 AM   #24
XRL
Master Member
XRL will become famous soon enoughXRL will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE Red Line

So it looks like your 2" drop would equate to a 1" on an RL, which is about all any other spring company gave, give or take 0.5".

I may have to get a set of these. Gives me a reason to not be as angry about replacing strut mounts AGAIN.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XRL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:55 AM   #25
trainfan360
trainfan360 is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE Red Line

Well i got these too, will probably get them on tommorrow. I have a redline so ill post similar pics to show reg. vs. rl. You saw the fresh out the box pics so ill just post stock v. megan size and measure the gap. Mind yall i have 245/45s so it will be slightly bigger gap than those running stock tire sizes.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to trainfan360's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help trainfan360 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
trainfan360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:36 PM   #26
Routs
Routs is on a distinguished road

Looks great man and happy to hear it improved the handling a marked amount. I will have to compare your photos of your springs to the lowering springs I bought off of ebay last year. I haven't had a chance to install yet and I want to see if they are similar at all.

You didn't perchance take any measurements of the springs before they went on the truck, did you?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Routs's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Routs reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Routs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:39 PM   #27
Routs

Also, I may be interested in getting a set of RL springs from one of you guys once you've done the swap. One of the reasons I've been slow at installing the ones I have is because of the crappy winters and boat loads of snow we've had the last few years here. Not sure I can afford the 2" drop or not. The 1" of the RL might be perfect though...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Routs reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-27-2011, 04:09 PM   #28
trainfan360

2005 VUE Red Line

Theyre in, Theyre in!!!!!! They look awesome! And ride like a champ for sure! And to think, they arent even settled yet, so Ill still get another .5"-1" drop and even stiffer! Oooo!

Routs, Definitely PM me about those springs.

'05 black redline: "Night Fury"

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help trainfan360 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-27-2011, 04:32 PM   #29
Routs

Looks great! Now I need one of you guys to take a straight on picture of the side so I can compare a bit more.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-27-2011, 09:32 PM   #30
trainfan360

2005 VUE Red Line

Side by side. Super stock vs. Super not-stock.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-30-2011, 12:45 PM   #31
DannyChaos

Good stuff man! Looks great!

Sponsored by Rubbermaid

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-02-2011, 10:01 PM   #32
trainfan360

2005 VUE Red Line

Well, a week has gone by and all I can say is wow!!! After a week of use/settling, Im still getting lower, and still getting stiffer, and absolutely LOVING IT!!!!! The day after they were put on (when pics were taken,) I could fit the tip of my shoe (DC skater shoe) up to the tongue when the front bumper overlapped the curb. Today, I checked again and I could probably only fit a finger between. Three days ago, I measured the wheel well gap. 3" in the front, 4" rear. Heres how it looks as of yesterday. Awesome pic of the Saturns in my car club. Yay for the RL!!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #33
Silvue06
Silvue06 is on a distinguished road

How are you guys liking them now that a few months have passed? I ordered a set and they come in Friday. I'm going to wait a few before putting them on because I want to change the shocks also.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Silvue06's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Silvue06 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Silvue06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:31 AM   #34
tyrelirwin
tyrelirwin is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line

How hard are these to install? Everyone do them by themselves?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tyrelirwin's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tyrelirwin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tyrelirwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:10 AM   #35
mickyads92
mickyads92 is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainfan360 View Post
I like that vue you got on the left there...mhm...L81 V6. anywhoo I am about to order these for my 03 vue. Noob question though. Will I need to get new swaybar links nd such? Or will my stock ones be fine?

2003 VUE 3.0 Pink Line
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo(Converted to Overland)
1991 Mazda MX-5
1990 Mazda MX-5

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mickyads92's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mickyads92 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mickyads92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:16 AM   #36
trainfan360

2005 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvue06 View Post
How are you guys liking them now that a few months have passed? I ordered a set and they come in Friday. I'm going to wait a few before putting them on because I want to change the shocks also.
They are great! Still rides stiff but comfortable. Added kyb gr2 shocks and struts when I installed them, made it a brand new car! Needless to say I can keep up with my dads 08 gt mustang in the twisty back roads of WV no problem! As it sits now, its low enough to be noticed but havent scraped a speedbump yet, however, epspecially in the rear the camber is a little more negative than it should be, but thats an easy fix with a camber kit. love em, love em love em! get them before theyre discontinued!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-29-2012, 12:47 PM   #37
Saturninin
Saturninin is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L
1998 SL1

Quote:
So normally i think lowering SUCKS........ (I like stacks, lifted, smoke toughing diesel) but........ the wheel gap is big on the vue........ so clicked on here to see what it looks like....... SEXXXXXXYYYY!!!!!!!!!

looks so much better imo lowered a bit..
(my only worry was snow drifts and pot holes (RURAL Indiana)... I was told no problem

thanks train for the above pic with having both vues to compair..... little bit of simple cutting in paint.... and got.....

SEXXXYYYY even without RL bumpers.....

Wanted: Dealer items (frames/ key-chains)

Current
05 Vue 3.5 87k :)
98 SL1 260k m
08 Outlook XE 20k a

Past
98 SW2 160k
96 SW2 114k
98 SL2 115k a RIP :(
95 SL 175k m
03 Vue I4 160k m

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturninin's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturninin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturninin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:54 PM   #38
trainfan360

2005 VUE Red Line

hahah i did a double take with I saw my vue w/ stock rims and unpainted bumpers! I like how you kept my OG Racing stickers too!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-08-2012, 11:04 PM   #39
Saturninin
Saturninin is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L
1998 SL1

Quote:
hahah i did a double take with I saw my vue w/ stock rims and unpainted bumpers! I like how you kept my OG Racing stickers too!
to lazy to take it off in paint (all i did was cut from the other VUE and flipped and lined it up with your VUE) haha

Wanted: Dealer items (frames/ key-chains)

Current
05 Vue 3.5 87k :)
98 SL1 260k m
08 Outlook XE 20k a

Past
98 SW2 160k
96 SW2 114k
98 SL2 115k a RIP :(
95 SL 175k m
03 Vue I4 160k m

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Saturninin's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Saturninin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Saturninin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:56 PM   #40
limpysmalls
limpysmalls is on a distinguished road

I am getting ready to do struts and shocks on my wife's Vue in the next couple of weeks. I see that Megan has these listed on their website for purchase now for about $50 dollars more then they were asking on ebay.

How do these ride after being broke in? Did anyone order them directly from Megan Racing?

DannyChaos, what size tires are you running? I was thinking of going to a 235-55r17 so I could get a higher performance tire.

My wife is not sure she wants this but the way she drives her Vue I know she will really appreciate it.

Going to do tires and strut mounts while I am at it and it should ride like a new car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to limpysmalls's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help limpysmalls reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
limpysmalls is offline   Reply With Quote