SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2012, 10:28 AM   #21
RedGeminiPA
RedGeminiPA will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Dual exhaust, i want it, how do i get it

I guess you could do a discreet pipe on the other side... That's about all I'd consider doing, personally. Same effect without the visual mishmash. I don't know....

Avid Apple, car and vacuum enthusiast. Don't hate! ;)

Current:
'04 FWD 3.5L

Previous:
'05 AWD Red Line
'02 L200

http://www.facebook.com/SaturnFansNorthEast

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RedGeminiPA's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RedGeminiPA reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RedGeminiPA is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2012, 10:34 AM   #22
pyroom
Advanced Member
pyroom is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L

I tried to do true duals, there's no room at the j-pipe to fit 2 pipes (the Accord j-pipe will not fit the Vue).

You could try cutting off the rear suitcase muffler, putting on a y-pipe and running duals out with 4" tips so you could run a silencer like you find on Honda Civic fart cans (usually they're not in) and some newer cars. It does make a fairly big difference, plus you could remove it if you want a little noise.

This is what they look like (it slips into the tip and attaches by a bolt):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-UNIVERSAL-...c657ee&vxp=mtr

The Altima uses something similar to this, except it has a black plug blocking all the holes except the center one if I recall:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-5-Length-C...d1b99e&vxp=mtr

You could also make one out of a cheap stainless steel camping mug, just drill a small hole in the back and slip it in the tip.

Otherwise I would probably find 2 small mufflers to run at the ends near the tips.

2004 Vue 3.5L AWD

Last edited by pyroom; 04-01-2012 at 10:42 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pyroom's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pyroom reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pyroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:05 AM   #23
XRL
Master Member
XRL will become famous soon enoughXRL will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedGeminiPA View Post
I just can't get past the obvious hackery needed to make it look right on a Red Line with the stock bumper...

Anything that isn't professionally done to match would remind me of what too many kids with fartcan mufflers do in the form of hacking out a piece of the bumper for it to fit. It just seems like a waste of a pretty nicely styled exhaust opening in the stock bumper.

Agreed. I see no way to make it look good on an RL. It'd be hugely labor intensive to have a custom cut out built on the other side that matched perfectly. It's likely be cheaper to have a replica of the Streetplay numper made from scratch, which didn't extend down as far. The added benefit there is that you could have it made to work with a hitch.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:25 AM   #24
RedGeminiPA

2004 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrell774 View Post
after hours of browsing on youtube i saw this vue with a dual exhaust on it. it was beautiful. so of course i hopped on google and went for what i knew. BUT, i know nothing of exhaust stuff. What do i need for a dual exhaust? I saw some pictures of exhausts that had the two mufflers and then some that just had two pipes coming from the muffler. Someone please throw me some suggestions or advice. i have an 07 v6.
I really have to apologize. I don't know why I had you confused with tyrelirwin, who has a Red Line...

Is yours a standard Vue or Red Line? Forgive my visual objections if it isn't a Red Line...

There's a picture somewhere in the gallery of a forum member who has dual tips on his standard Vue, and it looks pretty damn good.

Here's one:
http://www.saturnfans.com/photos/sho...er-pic/cat/548

I can't find the picture of the one that had duals coming out of the suitcase style muffler. I think the person said it's a previous generation Camaro muffler, but I could be wrong. It's basically what was shown in an earlier post on this thread.

Current:
'04 FWD 3.5L

Previous:
'05 AWD Red Line
'02 L200

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help RedGeminiPA reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-04-2012, 02:14 PM   #25
tyrelirwin
tyrelirwin is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line

'Tyrel', not the most popular name...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tyrelirwin's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tyrelirwin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tyrelirwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:27 PM   #26
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

It seems using the dual pipe muffler from the 2007 Equinox SS would be the easiest mechanical way to get dual exhaust.

If you could get an extra bumper fascia from a Red Line, I am sure a body shop could splice it in and paint the bumper fascia to where it looks factory.

We're talking about a lot of work and money for minimal gains in performance. It would look cool...

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 7 Beta 7

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:37 PM   #27
tyrelirwin
tyrelirwin is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyP View Post
If you could get an extra bumper fascia from a Red Line, I am sure a body shop could splice it in and paint the bumper fascia to where it looks factory...
More or less cost that fabbing your own from 'scratch'?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tyrelirwin's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tyrelirwin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tyrelirwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:53 PM   #28
pyroom
Advanced Member
pyroom is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrelirwin View Post
More or less cost that fabbing your own from 'scratch'?
It would definitely cost waay more to buy a 2nd bumper and merge the two than to just cut a hole and re-make the lip.

Even if you bought a second bumper, how would you merge them together? The pipe still comes out on the left for both of them, it's not like you can just flip it over. Even if you could I don't know how you would join them to make it strong.

You can get some big power gains off the exhaust on the Vue, but it all comes from the j-pipe and the cats not from the mufflers. I agree the equinox muffler is probably the way to go. RV6 will be coming out with an AWD j-pipe that might fit the Vue soon. Gains are in the 30+hp range, even more if you remove the tapered intake spacer under the intake manifold and bore the runners over 2mm. That only helps if you don't have cats though, otherwise leave it on because it gives you a little more low end power.

2004 Vue 3.5L AWD

Last edited by pyroom; 04-04-2012 at 03:01 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pyroom's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pyroom reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pyroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:01 PM   #29
djb383
Advanced Member
djb383 is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L

Do a search for Magnaflow 12266. If u get creative, u don't need no stinking muff shop or welder and if u don't like it, band clamps allow u to go back to stock in 5 mins or less.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to djb383's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help djb383 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
djb383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:11 PM   #30
RedGeminiPA

2004 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by djb383 View Post
Do a search for Magnaflow 12266. If u get creative, u don't need no stinking muff shop or welder and if u don't like it, band clamps allow u to go back to stock in 5 mins or less.
Yours is the one I was trying to find the picture of, lol.

Current:
'04 FWD 3.5L

Previous:
'05 AWD Red Line
'02 L200

REWARD EXCELLENCE!