SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2012, 09:24 PM   #61
toork
toork is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: the plan is kicking into action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagrod View Post
He's trying to make it his own and for that it's definitely cool and not a waste. Why would it be a waste? It's a project. Does that mean all projects in life are a waste too?

Leave it alone and let him mod his vehicle. If you don't have any positive input stay out of the thread. Remember, most people in the thread own Vues and for that reason should appreciate something that no one has done before or has rarely been done.

XRL,

Take a positive pill once and a while
*This*

And, if your so against personalizing and think a Vue is a horrible car to mod. Then, I don't know... STAY OUT OF THE MODS SECTION. The glass isn't half empty for everyone.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to toork's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help toork reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
toork is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2012, 09:41 PM   #62
DJTricky
DJTricky is on a distinguished road

2002 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbievueowner View Post
I don't know what you two are laughing at. Apparently I was right, he is 22. We were all there at one time - full of pi$$ & vinegar. Then you get older & wiser and realize that contrary to what you might think you don't know as much as you thought you did.

not to start/poke and prod anything here. but i have 6 and a half years of college automotive training and over 10 years wrenching experience. lets talk, i bet i know more then you (when it come to knowledge and experience involving cars and auto mechanics)

but im going to see if the shop that did my tranny flush (day before it all started ********** uup) if not. ill be buying a used tranny with 11,000 miles on it. AND IT COMES WITH AN LSD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DJTricky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DJTricky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DJTricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:56 PM   #63
DJTricky

2002 VUE 2.2L

PREACH :P what have you dont to your vue lately? does yours look like EVERY other one on the road? i would not be comfortable driving something everyone else owns. i dont like stock anything. its a personal choice. if i can change it/make it better . . . . I FREAKIN WILL. lol im pretty sure its not going to be just a "phase" in my life. its a passion of mine to modify and customize cars. have been competing in car shows since i was 17. 50+ show entrys between 3 cars. one of witch was covered by and featured in Car and Model mag. im only 22. i have years of experience to gain, new stuff to lean and get better at. all i can say about my vue, is . . . just wait. you will be surprised.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help DJTricky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-31-2012, 11:48 AM   #64
XRL
Master Member
XRL will become famous soon enoughXRL will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by toork View Post
*This*

And, if your so against personalizing and think a Vue is a horrible car to mod. Then, I don't know... STAY OUT OF THE MODS SECTION. The glass isn't half empty for everyone.
I'm not against customizing at all (see the work I've done to mine if you need proof). I just have realized it's fiscally more beneficial to just buy what you want in the first place.

By the time he puts in his new engine, transmission, etc. all the time invested into it and whatnot, he could have had just bought a Typhoon and it would still be faster. Or even a TBSS. Heck, even a normal v6 Vue has more power than the Ion RL.

And if he really wants to drive a swapped vehicle, for the love of god at least do an STI swap into a Forester. At least then you're working with a`platform that can handle it.

I'm all for customizing, but it reaches a point where you're trying to make a car into something it will never be.

And if you had that much experience, why on earth would you have taken it to a shop for something as easy as a transmission fluid exchange?

I'm not here to tell anyone what to do, just sharing experience as someone who's been there. If you want to talk about one of a kind Vues, mine fits the bill. But at the end of the day, it's still a Vue and nothing done to it changes that fact or adds any value really. It's worth the same $5k trade in as a one of a kind unicorn, as it would be if I had never done anything to it but oil and gas. And so when it comes time to trade it in, you'll realize that "damn, all that time/money is put into things that have virtually no money except when taken off".

If you really want to do this, good luck. But in a few years you'll see what I'm saying when you go to get rid of that car.

Last edited by XRL; 03-31-2012 at 11:53 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:15 PM   #65
DJTricky

2002 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRL View Post
And if you had that much experience, why on earth would you have taken it to a shop for something as easy as a transmission fluid exchange?
i work at valvoline at the moment, a manual transmission fluid flush (at my cost) ran me 20$. our shops daily sales were low and a tranny flush bumps up out #'s quite a bit. i had it dont to help out sales #'s more then i NEEDED it done. i figured it would be a good preventative maintenance item to knock off my list of things to do. when it would have cost around 30$ for the grear oil, and u would have had to lay in my driveway (im not above laying on my back under a car) but it was easyer and cheaper to get it done at my work. now i FULLY regret it. and im seeing if the company will pay for the tranny.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-02-2012, 08:52 AM   #66
SoundGuy
SoundGuy is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRL View Post
I'm not against customizing at all (see the work I've done to mine if you need proof). I just have realized it's fiscally more beneficial to just buy what you want in the first place.
I'd like to speak up for XRL. He's helped a lot on this forum over the years. I'm not as active as I used to be but "back in the day" he was there with helpful advice.

XRL, you're speaking from a point of wisdom based on what you've gone through. I like that. This person is swapping in a ton of stuff that financial doesn't make a lot of sense to me. As you have been through a similar process (but I don't think to that extent), it's wise that you caution him based on your experience. That's wisdom; speaking when your words can be helpful to others.

In the end, it's up to him. If I was a mechanic, I'd probably tweak some stuff in my VUE because I'd have the knowledge in how to do it. I had a neighbor who put a V8 in a tiny pinto (or some such POS car). To each their own.

And one other thing...to some, working on their car is a hobby. If they recognize the cost of the hobby, then I'm cool with it. And as long as DJ knows the cost, then ok. But, XRL, thanks for the reminder of how quickly those costs add up.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SoundGuy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SoundGuy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SoundGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:23 PM   #67
Hoagrod
Advanced Member
Hoagrod is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE Red Line

Would adding any mods to any car be financially wise? The answer is no, because they provide no beneficial value other than self pleasure.

I am sure he's aware of the costs involved, so just because to someone else it's not financially beneficial, does that mean he shouldn't do it? I see the comment as "why would you do this with a Saturn" But if you want to compare vehicles, lets say range rover, I'm pretty sure with the price of a Ranger Rover you could buy a Vue and mod it to the point where is as equal or better to the RR (performance wise) and still have thousands left over in your pocket.

If he wanted financial advice I'm sure he would have searched somewhere else.

2006 Vue RedLine.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Hoagrod's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Hoagrod reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Hoagrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:43 PM   #68
tyrelirwin
tyrelirwin is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundGuy View Post
And one other thing...to some, working on their car is a hobby. If they recognize the cost of the hobby, then I'm cool with it. And as long as DJ knows the cost, then ok.
*This*

Probably cheaper than big game hunting or climbing Everest.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tyrelirwin's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tyrelirwin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tyrelirwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #69
Tom92SCm
Master Member
Tom92SCm has a spectacular aura aboutTom92SCm has a spectacular aura about

2004 VUE 2.2L

Exactly- who cares what he's spending HIS money on. It's not like he's turning it into a van with a FREE CANDY sign to cruise the local elementary schools.

I spent a bunch of money on my '92 SC, and then spent even more money to drive around a parking lot for 4 minutes or so twice a month, and even more money to learn how to drive around a parking lot better and even more money to drive around the same piece of 1.7 miles of road. Financially, not the smartest thing- but it was sure fun!

It's different, it's unique, it's hopefully going to be pretty cool. I look forward to seeing more updates.

Not a Saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tom92SCm's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tom92SCm reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Tom92SCm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #70
DJTricky

2002 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom92SCm View Post

It's different, it's unique, it's going to be pretty damn cool. I look forward to seeing more updates.
i got that for ya

haha i know if i plan on selling it (im not) im not going to get what its worth (to me, or $ wise). it is a project car, as is my other car. im a gear head, its what i do. thank you to the people who back my point of vue on this one and to those who dont, its what ever. its my vue, not yours. just wait till im done with her. it will turn out.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-02-2012, 04:59 PM   #71
XRL
Master Member
XRL will become famous soon enoughXRL will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrelirwin View Post
*This*

Probably cheaper than big game hunting or climbing Everest.
It's definitely cheaper than golf, fishing, or women.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XRL is offline   Reply With Quote