SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
ninetynineSC2
Advanced Member
ninetynineSC2 has a spectacular aura aboutninetynineSC2 has a spectacular aura aboutninetynineSC2 has a spectacular aura about

1999 SC2
Default Help with 12 dsc trunk cd changer

My cd changer randomly stops playing the discs. It changes them and displays that it is reading them, but, I don't get any audio. I can change the songs though. Sometimes opening and closing the cover fixes it or jiggling the cord. It just recently started doing this. Any help is appreciated. I was also wondering what fuse it would be connected to.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ninetynineSC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ninetynineSC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ninetynineSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
gyrlspeedrt
gyrlspeedrt is on a distinguished road

2000 SL1
Default Re: Help with 12 dsc trunk cd changer

Hmmm, not to give out bad news but I remember mine doing that and I wound up replacing it. There was something going on with the mechanism that switches the cds and that it wasn't aligned right or something. Just got another one...I could have gotten it repaired but it was pretty much the same price as a new one. As far as the fuse, it could be wired up to a relay of some sort but I think you wouldn't even get power if the relay was bad...I could be wrong.

GyrlSpeed Racing Team Performance
http://gyrlspeedracingteam.com
http://gyrlspeedracingteam.com/shop
GyrlSpeed App: https://play.google.com/store/search?q=gyrlspeed&hl=en

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gyrlspeedrt's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gyrlspeedrt reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gyrlspeedrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:08 AM   #3
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud of

2001 SC2

If banging on it "fix's" the problem even for a short while it's not a fuse or external relay problem. Sounds like the wire's might be corroded in the connector, if so just unplug it and check it out. Poke the connector on the changer as well, if any of the pins move around much then the soldier has broken and the whole thing should be taken apart.

If it helps, the 12 disc changer wasn't specific to Saturn and the last time I looked for one on eBay it was only under Corvette and Cadillac title's.

The proper way to fix a S-Series automatic is to replace it with a 5spd O:)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:52 AM   #4
ninetynineSC2
Advanced Member
ninetynineSC2 has a spectacular aura aboutninetynineSC2 has a spectacular aura aboutninetynineSC2 has a spectacular aura about

1999 SC2

I got it to work yesterday by hitting the reset button. I just don't want to fork out the money for a new one if there is a way to make it work. Working at Mcdonalds while in highschool doesn't exactly give me much money to throw at sound systems. Thats one of the reasons I got my SC2 was the gas mileage lol.That and there's not a lot of them around in my area.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ninetynineSC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ninetynineSC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ninetynineSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote