SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2012, 01:03 PM   #21
SilverSpectre
SilverSpectre is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-3 Quad Coupe
2006 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: 2004 ion 2.2 level 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaNasty View Post
You went to pepboys for speakers SilverSpectre? I didnt think they had very good quality speakers...my buddy had to 10 inch subs in theback of his car from pepboys that stopped working properly after 2 weeks of using them....I could be wrong...Let me know if theyre legit and ill go check them out...

As for the window tinting and lowering, I live in PA so lowering my car with all these potholes around here is a horriblelelelel idea..and the cops arent much nicer so tinting my windows is also a waste seeing as how Id have to get it removed within 10 days or get a hefty fine. Im actually suprised they havent pulled me over yet for my smoked tails...Im looking more performance wise...
intake, exhaust, headers, etc.. where can i find good parts like that? with reliable internet sites that have been used by some of you and trustworthy for card info?
Yes, Pep Boys for speakers. We sell some crap, I must admit. But the Infinity's are top notch and well worth the money. Your buddy probably got one of our "Sub Boxes"; basically 2 subs pre-installed in a box that you wire in. They suck, simply put. Our speakers themselves are fine.

Tinting is fine as long as you don't do 5% tint and lowering is fine too (I live in PA as well). If you lower the car to the Redline stock height like I did, you will get increased performance and you shouldn't have to worry about potholes (to date, I haven't).

Which brings me to parts. Since you said you want to start doing performance upgrades, this site is your best bet since it is all GM performace parts that will fit well in your car and won't void any warranties:

http://www.crateenginedepot.com/Default.aspx

Just look up parts for the Chevy Cobalt. Most things (with minor exceptions) will fit.

I would highly reccomend you upgrade your suspension before trying to make your car go any faster however. Start with this:

http://progressauto.com/products/sfI...D2/53/sfID3/54

It literally just bolts right on and makes a huge difference when cornering.

Keep me posted.

2007 Saturn Ion 3 QC - "The Silver Spectre"
Resurrected 12/29/11

OZ Allegerita Wheels, FE5 Suspension w/ adjustable end links, Eibach Pro Kit, Progress Rear Sway Bar, TWM Short Shifter

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SilverSpectre's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SilverSpectre reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SilverSpectre is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2012, 12:27 PM   #22
DigitalSaturns
DigitalSaturns is on a distinguished road

Default Re: 2004 ion 2.2 level 2

40K on my lowered 07 ION Sedan, 80K on the 01 SW2 both wearing the factory installed stock dampers.

No runs, no drips, no errors.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DigitalSaturns's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DigitalSaturns reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DigitalSaturns is offline   Reply With Quote