SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2012, 01:09 PM   #1
sdeltoro93
sdeltoro93 is on a distinguished road

1996 SL1
Dizzy 3 Codes.. Throttle Position Sensor, both oxygen sensors no activity ? ???

So my engine light came on about a moth ago so i finallu scanned it yesterday and these 3 codes came up. P0140 02 sensor circuit no activity detected. Bank 1 sensor 2....... P0122 throtle position sensor ..... P0134 o2 sensor circuit no activity detected bank 1 sensor 1.

Could this be an electral problem? Or could they all just be bad?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sdeltoro93's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sdeltoro93 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sdeltoro93 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2012, 05:52 PM   #2
Cheyne
Cheyne will become famous soon enough

2000 SL2
Default Re: 3 Codes.. Throttle Position Sensor, both oxygen sensors no activity ? ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeltoro93 View Post
Could this be an electral problem? Or could they all just be bad?
Yes and doubtful. Check the PCM & O2S ground on the backside of the engine above the starter.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Cheyne's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Cheyne reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Cheyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:03 PM   #3
sdeltoro93

1996 SL1
Default Re: 3 Codes.. Throttle Position Sensor, both oxygen sensors no activity ? ???

Where exacly are the grounds located i cant see aything because of the fuel rail?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help sdeltoro93 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-05-2012, 07:21 PM   #4
Cheyne
Cheyne will become famous soon enough

2000 SL2

You won't really be able to see them from the top. It's below the fuel rail and the intake manifold. If you feel with your hand, you should be able to feel the nut just below the driver's side of the intake manifold, backside of the engine (below the far driver's side of the cam cover if it helps you visually). You'll likely need to get the car up on ramps to see it from underneath. Tan tan/white black/white wires. Any chance you have a valve cover gasket that's leaking over there?

I can't scan a picture of the ground location at home. Let me know if you can't locate it, and I'll scan it tomorrow.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Cheyne's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Cheyne reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Cheyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:41 PM   #5
sdeltoro93

1996 SL1

Ok so i looked today and still cant find them. Even if i do find them where are they even supposed to be grouned to?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 01-24-2012, 01:39 AM   #6
ehunter
ehunter has a spectacular aura aboutehunter has a spectacular aura about

Location: Pacifica by San Francisco 5sp Engine rebuild with the help of people here at 177K due to 500mi/qt oil consumption. After 2yrs I am back to 40mpg+ after discovering the refirb head I used was bad. Car runs better than a top. Now at 214k.

1996 SL2

See the red dot in the picture. That would be your ground:http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=10

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ehunter's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ehunter reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:44 AM   #7
sdeltoro93

1996 SL1

Yes thank you i found them (:

REWARD EXCELLENCE!