SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Sky > Sky Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2009, 11:55 AM   #1
marx404
Master Member
marx404 will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XE
Default Gravana body kit

How many of you have installed the Gravana body kit, or any body kits to your SKY?

marx404
Saturn lives.

1994 SL2
2002 SC2
2007 ION.3
2008 Astra XE
2004 L300.1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to marx404's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help marx404 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
marx404 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2009, 09:03 AM   #2
02OrangeSC2
02OrangeSC2 is on a distinguished road

2007 SKY Red Line
2004 ION Red Line
Thumbs Down Re: Gravana body kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by marx404 View Post
How many of you have installed the Gravana body kit, or any body kits to your SKY?
I would never order it I don't like the look. The car looks much better without it. That kit makes it look too much like a ricer.

The most Saturn's in Erie County Ohio
93 SC2 Red (Parts Car)
96 SL2 Gold
96 SC2 Red
02 SC2 Orange
04 ION RL GM Stage 2 Electric Blue
07 SKY RL GM Stage Kit Silver Graphite
10 SKY RL Black

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 02OrangeSC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 02OrangeSC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
02OrangeSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:24 AM   #3
sdambros1
sdambros1 is on a distinguished road

2007 SKY Red Line
2007 SKY
Default Re: Gravana body kit

I am in the process of adding the Gravana lambo door kit, hood, ground effects, rear spoiler and rear valance. Its in the shop and coming along real nice. After a year keeping the SKY Redline stock I have since added the GM turbo UPG, GM cat back high perf duali exhaust and GM cold air intake and a custom windscreen. The GM turbo UPG was $500 and adds about 40hp but more importantly does a better "timing" job with the new TTap relays. The GM cold air intake allows the engine to breath more efficiently and was $300. The GM cat-back exhausts add more horse pwr and are a more efficient way to exhaust the engine. Gives the car a nice purr at low rpms and roars to life in 3rd gear! Not too loud in the driver seat.

I wanted the lambo doors as a way to get in and out of my garage without dinging the doors constantly, the Gravana fiber glass hood adds real RAM air intake and was $700. The rear valance for $300 is carbon fiber but had to bew modified for the dualie exhaust. I wasn't too pleased with that. The Gravana rear spoiler at $300 is larger than the stock version and looks really really nice. The Gravana body kit includes the ground effects and gives the car a nice stylish finish for the side view.

I am having the car completely painted over, same color, Onyx but with a mucho better finish. The stock finish in less than two years began to show more wear and tear (swirls, scratches and acid rain). This new finish will be much better.

All in all I did all this to my SKY to make it unique and unlike any SKY currently on the road. I have kept all of the stock parts and are in storage in case I ever need them again. I will post before and after pics. So far so good!

Steve

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sdambros1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sdambros1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sdambros1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:59 PM   #4
DracoAzule
DracoAzule is on a distinguished road

If I even had a Sky I would never install a body kit on it. Or any car for that matter. It's not the look I don't like. I mean seriously. Blow a lot of cash on something that's likely to get scraped up? No thanks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DracoAzule's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DracoAzule reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DracoAzule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:42 PM   #5
Werks11
Werks11 is on a distinguished road

Body kit for a SKY/Solstice? No thanks sounds like something that needs to be on a nice slow car like an Astra so it doesn't blow off in the wind.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Werks11's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Werks11 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Werks11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:05 PM   #6
DigitalSaturns
DigitalSaturns is on a distinguished road

Ricer body kit? No thanks
Lambo doors? Your joking right
Please don't post any pictures of after

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DigitalSaturns's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DigitalSaturns reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DigitalSaturns is offline   Reply With Quote