SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2011, 10:38 AM   #1
JASONSLANEY
JASONSLANEY is on a distinguished road

Dizzy 2001 L100 exhaust HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

hey i have a 2001 saturn L100 5 spd, this car owes me nothing, my manifold is pooched and i need a CHEAP replacement that is not $500 from a dealer, ive heard that the cobalt 2.2 eco tech is the same and would bolt right up but not to sure, any ideas le me know please!!!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JASONSLANEY's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JASONSLANEY reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JASONSLANEY is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2011, 10:44 AM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 2001 L100 exhaust HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

CHEAP as in ebay, junk yard? How did it get 'pooched'?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:50 AM   #3
Frostman
Frostman will become famous soon enoughFrostman will become famous soon enough

2002 L-Series 2.2L Wagon
1993 SL1

I just had my exhaust done. My manifold had two good cracks and a hairline crack that were welded.

The 2.0 Cobalt exhaust manifold WILL NOT WORK if you have an air pump. There is a weird pipe that is attached to the manifold, you can't miss it. The manifold will physically bolt up though. I never got to look at it at the time, but I guess there is a port in the stock manifold for this pump to hook up.

Your best bet it to go to a wrecker, how ever IIRC it has to be from a 2.2 manual. There is about a 2 inch difference from where the auto engine sits from the manual and would require modification to the down pipe to correct the fitment. But it should bolt up as well as long as it has a provision for the air pump if you have one.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Frostman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Frostman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Frostman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:18 PM   #4
born again
born again is a glorious beacon of lightborn again is a glorious beacon of lightborn again is a glorious beacon of lightborn again is a glorious beacon of lightborn again is a glorious beacon of light

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
2000 L-Series 2.2L Wagon

There is more than just the 2" difference in engine placement between manual and auto. The exhaust is routed differently. One goes under the steering rack and the other goes over. I don't remember which though. The exhaust manifolds are very different.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to born again's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help born again reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
born again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:31 PM   #5
Frostman
Frostman will become famous soon enoughFrostman will become famous soon enough

2002 L-Series 2.2L Wagon
1993 SL1

Born you are correct. And I remember now after looking at my dads and mine, manual goes under, auto goes over.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Frostman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Frostman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Frostman is offline   Reply With Quote