SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Introductions & Greetings
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
rlbking1
rlbking1 is on a distinguished road

Dizzy How long for on board computer to reset I/M readiness

Hello Anyone,
I'm new to this website, so please forgive me for any errors.
Here's my story: I purchase a OBDII scanner. I've completed the necessary mechanical operations. I now have a yellow indicator light on with three I/M readiness monitors flashing; C, O, & E. How long before the on board computer resets itself so the above flashing letters disappear?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rlbking1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rlbking1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rlbking1 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2011, 06:25 AM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: How long for on board computer to reset I/M readiness

Welcome to Saturnfans!

Its better if you fill out your personal profile to list all your Rolls Royce's, Bently's, Ferrari's, and the daily driver (our lowly Saturn) so they pop up under your name.

Usually these readiness monitors need a normal drive consisting of starting a cold engine, warm up, some local stop and go, a little highway and shut down. Its all part of the daily emissions self tests conducted every time the engine is started. Since a manual reset was done the self tests are displayed as readiness monitors being conducted when you plugged in a reader right after the reset. Just drive a day or two and as long as the SES indicator doesn't turn ON, the readiness monitors/emissions self tests will complete all on their own. You won't be notified and the only way to check on them is plugging in the reader again to see them not displayed as indication that self tests completed.

If you really need to know what they are, search for the parameters needed to meet Inspection/Maintenance cycle. Its everything needed to make the engine run.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:15 AM   #3
rlbking1
rlbking1 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: How long for on board computer to reset I/M readiness

Thank you very much. Infomation was spot on.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rlbking1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rlbking1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rlbking1 is offline   Reply With Quote