SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2011, 10:43 PM   #1
SawJi
SawJi is on a distinguished road

2002 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
2004 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default 2002 L100 Performance Options

I was recently given an '02 L100 sedan by my aunt who bought a new car. I love the car but was hoping I could get a little more power out of it and was wondering what some of my upgrade options were and where I could purchase them. Thanks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SawJi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SawJi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SawJi is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2011, 05:00 AM   #2
Frostman
Frostman will become famous soon enoughFrostman will become famous soon enough

2002 L-Series 2.2L Wagon
1993 SL1
Default Re: 2002 L100 Performance Options

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=131956

Check this thread out, best place to start looking.

There is a "free" mod in there for the stock air box and my dad and I both felt a bet more pull on the top end. Just did a full exhaust on my car, didn't "feel" what I was hoping, but it does pull a bit better from mid to top RPM.

If you car has an air pump you will probably not be able to fit a header from a cobalt SS or any other type.

The 2.4L intake I have yet to install so I don't know of any issues yet, that one seems to be a real good on to install.

If you are real serious about getting some power, getting it on a dyno to reflash the ECU will net some nice gains too. My dad has his done and it's very nice now. You can also modify how firm the transmission shifts too if the dyno shop knows how to do it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Frostman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Frostman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Frostman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:14 AM   #3
clarky456
clarky456 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: 2002 L100 Performance Options

Experience in the real world of automobile performance and engineering thereof tells me it's best to keep auto's application specific. The auto industry tends to agree and mass produces their vehicles to "perform" their function to the best of their ability. My Jeep does well to carry over downed trees and will pull itself up a hill without a problem. My wife's minivan does well to carry 7 people (3 whining kids!) comfortably and safely and is chocked full of features people could only dream of years ago. My ranger can carry several sheets of drywall and still manage close to 30mpg. This beind said... trying to change the purpose of a vehicle will result in mediocre performance at best. The L200 is best utilized as a general get around vehicle, a fairly nice one at that. Cheap sport compacts such as the civic or domestics like the focus or early neon (95-99) make suprisingly fun vehicles with a little bit of work and very little money. Nonetheless, if we must....

j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=318797&t=318797

Start here and see what you find. Most is cavalier related but can possibly (with much work!) be adapted to work with the L. Joe

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to clarky456's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help clarky456 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
clarky456 is offline   Reply With Quote