SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Introductions & Greetings
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2011, 01:14 PM   #1
DracoAzule
DracoAzule is on a distinguished road

Default Fellow Saturn fan from East Tennessee

Hey guys! You may call me DracoAzule, or Daniel. I've been a fan of Saturns ever since I was old enough to drive. My sister bought a 1998 Saturn SC2 back in 1999 and drove it till she was in pharmacy school and got a Saturn Vue. She gave the SC2 to me when I was 15 for my birthday shortly before I got my learners permit. I'm 22 now. I drove it up until a few weeks ago when I was delivering pizzas ((I work for Dominos BTW)) and a guy rear ended me and totaled my baby ((As in like frame damage totaled.)).

It had 260,000 miles on it. The only thing wrong with the engine was it burned a bit of oil and had a slow coolant leak. The only things I've had to do to the engine were change spark plugs, radiator, starter, and the tensioner once. But most engines at that age would have had way more problems. Saturns may not be race cars but they're tough as nails

Anyways the insurance company gave me about $3,000 for the car. I turned around, went on craigslist, found myself a wrecked but totally fixable 2004 Saturn ION for $1,700. I found other cars that were in almost perfect to perfect working condition, some much cheaper.

But no thanks. I have to have my Saturn.

BTW I tried to link to the pic of my Ion but it wouldn't let me since this is my only post. So I just set it as my avatar pic.

Last edited by DracoAzule; 06-19-2011 at 01:20 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DracoAzule's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DracoAzule reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DracoAzule is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2011, 03:27 PM   #2
DracoAzule

Default Re: Fellow Saturn fan from East Tennessee

Ok got the full pic up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img0389tj.jpg (108.6 KB, 17 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help DracoAzule reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-20-2011, 11:10 AM   #3
WarWeasel
WarWeasel is on a distinguished road

1994 SC2

Welcome to the Forum... and have fun fixing 'er up.

The Commuter -
1994 Saturn SC2 (LL0 5MT, Aquamarine Metallic)

The People Hauler -
2006 Kia Sedona (Lambda 5SMAT, Velvet Blue)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to WarWeasel's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help WarWeasel reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
WarWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:29 PM   #4
Citation84
Master Member
Citation84 has a spectacular aura aboutCitation84 has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION-1 Sedan

Love this story. Happy motoring !!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Citation84's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Citation84 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Citation84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:26 PM   #5
snowball
snowball is on a distinguished road

2001 SC2

Sounds like you had a nice one. Good luck fixing it up.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to snowball's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help snowball reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:01 PM   #6
DracoAzule

We are almost done with it now. Got the front part of the frame straightened out ((It was just the part that holds up the bumper. Everything underneath was okay.)) We have a new radiator, bumper support, bumper, and the headlights and hood just came in today. We have a bit more metal work to do on the radiator supports and we are going to build new headlight mounts but once that's done all we gotta do is get it bolted together and get the new parts painted. Honestly it's gonna look a tad bit messy under the hood from all the beating and banging we've had to do on the metal but we have all new parts on the outside and it's going to look SWEET.

Also the stock radio deck that came with it was busted so while I was at it I went ahead and upgraded it with a Dual XDMA6630. AM/FM, CD, WMA and MP3 support, USB, AUX, Bluetooth, and RCA connectors on the back in case I want to put in a system later on. Honestly the stock speakers sound amazing already so idk. But the new deck only cost $120 with tax and 1 year warranty.

I tell you what though, the bluetooth will sure come in handy. I'm really gonna enjoy syncing my iPhone at work for when I have to contact a manager or customer on the road. No time to pull over and talk. I can talk to them like they're in the car with me.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-28-2011, 11:36 PM   #7
alpine67
alpine67 has a spectacular aura aboutalpine67 has a spectacular aura about

1997 SC2
1999 SC2

What happened to the SC2? I'm in Raleigh NC and would be interested in parts or the whole car....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alpine67's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alpine67 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alpine67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:27 PM   #8
DracoAzule

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine67 View Post
What happened to the SC2? I'm in Raleigh NC and would be interested in parts or the whole car....
Sorry I had to sign the title over to the insurance company before they would give me any money. They've probably already resold it to some junk yard somewhere.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-29-2011, 08:46 PM   #9
snakes
snakes has a spectacular aura aboutsnakes has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION-1 Sedan

Wow 260,000 miles that is awesome!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to snakes's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help snakes reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
snakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:32 PM   #10
ryankenn
ryankenn is on a distinguished road

Gives me great hope for mine.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ryankenn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ryankenn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ryankenn is offline   Reply With Quote