SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Mods
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2011, 06:19 PM   #41
SC2BuzzBomb
SC2BuzzBomb is on a distinguished road

1995 SC2
Default Re: 1993 SW2 with new AUDI LED look

Are those LED strips mounted to the exterior of the headlights? Or were they installed properly by taking the OEM housings apart and re-sealing them?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SC2BuzzBomb's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SC2BuzzBomb reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SC2BuzzBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2011, 11:06 PM   #42
93 saturn sl2
93 saturn sl2 is on a distinguished road

1993 SL2

you graduated HS 17 years ago? so you're almost 40 and your car looks like that?

93 sl2
mp3 swapped
bolt on's
black interior

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 93 saturn sl2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 93 saturn sl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
93 saturn sl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:20 PM   #43
Bealson Wheels
Bealson Wheels is on a distinguished road

1993 SW2

thanks pamartin7

Just got one of those new Bosch wiper blades. It looks better and works great.

Gonna do something with LED's in the back. Don't know what exactly yet, but have some ideas. This summer, I plan on painting the roof black and redoing all the trim around the windows. I saw that headlight project on here, so I also want to do something with projectors.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bealson Wheels's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bealson Wheels reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bealson Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:29 PM   #44
saturnsctwo
Master Member
saturnsctwo is a jewel in the roughsaturnsctwo is a jewel in the roughsaturnsctwo is a jewel in the rough

2001 SC2

looks cool,but you should have just ran the led's all the way under the lights instead of stopping in the middle. looks like there's something missing like that...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnsctwo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnsctwo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturnsctwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:50 PM   #45
Ikiris
Advanced Member
Ikiris is on a distinguished road

1998 SC2

You should cover the whole ********** car in LED's!!! That will make it faster, and more fuel efficient, while making girls panties fly off from under their pants.

I also read some where you have the stock muffler in the garage. So, that means you put on a fart can, and annoy everyone in your city.

The one wiper blade is awful, why would you waste your time doing that, when every time you have to do an inspection, you just put it back on and reposition the other. You must have a lot of time between pizza deliveries.

04 Vue 3.5L V6 AWD 297000 km
00 Impala LS 3.8 V6 Loaded 262000 km SOLD
98 SC2 5speed-265000 km SOLD

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Ikiris's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Ikiris reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Ikiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:19 PM   #46
Leafy
Leafy is on a distinguished road

1994 SL2

You do know its just a simple linkage in the cowl the makes the wipers move. A simple change in link length would increase your wiper stroke and let it cover most of the windshield.

1994 SL2 HCE auto 113 hp 113 lbft (wheel) backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier SS
For Sale: FlyWheel, Shifter assembly, Clutch Hydros, 1st gen 5 spd PCM. PM me for prices.

WPI class of '12 ME

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Leafy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Leafy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:53 PM   #47
Bealson Wheels
Bealson Wheels is on a distinguished road

1993 SW2

Thanks for the info, the next nice day I will see what I can do. Will post pics when done.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Bealson Wheels's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Bealson Wheels reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Bealson Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:59 PM   #48
cousinsaul
cousinsaul is on a distinguished road

1999 SL2

I think the lights look good and maybe the dash if more red was used throughout the interior. The wiper tho...needs to go lol

My 190E had a single wiper arm which I thought was cool but it the arm would extend and retract a bit when it swung, making an even arch across the windshield.

1999 Sl2 Auto 139,500 miles
119,800 miles - #4 spun bearing....reborn with 26k mile SW2 motor

Past
1988 190E 2.3 Auto 110,000 miles - R.I.P.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cousinsaul's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cousinsaul reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cousinsaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:14 PM   #49
snoops454
snoops454 is on a distinguished road

2001 SC1

there are worse things you could do to the car. lol people can be haters but if people didn't try new things life would be boring. keep at it man as long as you like it thats all that matters.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to snoops454's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help snoops454 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
snoops454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:32 PM   #50
cfg83
Advanced Member
cfg83 is on a distinguished road

Bealson Wheels -

Your setup has made me think of a turn signal setup. Imagine maybe a 6" line along the front of the front-wheel wheel-well, just on the *inside* of the wheel-well, not on the outside. I think that would be distinctive and therefore safer because people would notice it.

CarloSW2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cfg83's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cfg83 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:21 AM   #51
sw87
sw87 is on a distinguished road

1995 SW2

not extremely practical. but those fog lights look good.
And how can you function with a missing wiper?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sw87's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sw87 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
sw87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:57 AM   #52
alordofchaos
alordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to behold

1998 SL2
1997 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83 View Post
Imagine maybe a 6" line along the front of the front-wheel wheel-well, just on the *inside* of the wheel-well, not on the outside.
I could swear that I have seen this from the factory on a car (thinking Ford Fusion but have not been able to find pics - everything I see has it in the standard horizontal positon). The plastic actually formed the trailing edge of the bumper cover in front of the wheel well. I was going to try and locate this in a JY to see if the curve was close enough to the Saturn as it seemed like an easy fit if it did

I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 124k DD
7/2010 Craigslist white 1997 SC2 project
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alordofchaos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alordofchaos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:06 PM   #53
SLCraig
Master Member
SLCraig is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2
2000 SW2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alordofchaos View Post
I could swear that I have seen this from the factory on a car (thinking Ford Fusion but have not been able to find pics - everything I see has it in the standard horizontal positon). The plastic actually formed the trailing edge of the bumper cover in front of the wheel well. I was going to try and locate this in a JY to see if the curve was close enough to the Saturn as it seemed like an easy fit if it did
The mini has the fender lens (I think) you speak of..
Looks kinda cool, always thought it was neat.

1996 SL2 5MT
1997 SL1 5MT
2000 SW2 5MT
All gone, but not forgotten.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SLCraig's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SLCraig reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SLCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:22 PM   #54
cfg83
Advanced Member
cfg83 is on a distinguished road

SLCraig -

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCraig View Post
The mini has the fender lens (I think) you speak of..
Looks kinda cool, always thought it was neat.

Thanks for the picture. That's the best OEM example I can think of and must be the origin of my thought.

What I am talking about is actually just barely on the *inside* of the wheel-well. The idea is that you mount it on the inner plastic fender well. That way it is 99% reversible (plug the unpainted black plastic hole), aka you wouldn't cut-into your wonderful plastic body panels..

I think this would be a pretty easy mod. Tap into the ground wire of the signal light and route an LED or LED-strip into the wheel-well. The more I think about it, I think one teeny little yellow LED might be best because less area would make it harder to damage by flying debris.

CarloSW2

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cfg83's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cfg83 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cfg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:59 AM   #55
alordofchaos
alordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to beholdalordofchaos is a splendid one to behold

1998 SL2
1997 SL2

Thanks for posting the mini - cool car!

Defiinitely wasn't the mini that I was thinking of, but that lead me to thinking it was definitely a domestic product and almost certainly Ford (I recall being surprised to see it as well).

Then I had a "D'Oh!" moment - no wonder I couldn't find a Fusion picture of it, it was the Mercury Milan, the Fushion's twin

I'm not worthy to grovel in the shadow of Signmaster's wisdom

11/2016 red 2002 5 spd SC2 124k DD
7/2010 Craigslist white 1997 SC2 project
12/2008 eBay silver 1998 SL2 5 spd 102k, now 201k+ miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alordofchaos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alordofchaos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote