SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Advanced Forum Search | Advanced Photo Search

Old 12-22-2010, 08:51 AM   #1
USAAF01
USAAF01 is on a distinguished road

Default 2001 SC2 Fog Light & Dimmer Switch Replacement

My fog lights quit periodically, and the fog light push button switch does not work, meaning it does not engage. Simple fix right? Where can I find a replacement switch? I have the housing that includes both the fog light push button switch and the instrument panel light dimmer switch that is the likely culprit.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Raymond

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to USAAF01's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help USAAF01 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
USAAF01 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2010, 09:11 AM   #2
Low Saturn
Low Saturn is a name known to allLow Saturn is a name known to allLow Saturn is a name known to allLow Saturn is a name known to allLow Saturn is a name known to allLow Saturn is a name known to all

2008 AURA XE
Default Re: 2001 SC2 Fog Light & Dimmer Switch Replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAAF01 View Post
My fog lights quit periodically, and the fog light push button switch does not work, meaning it does not engage. Simple fix right? Where can I find a replacement switch? I have the housing that includes both the fog light push button switch and the instrument panel light dimmer switch that is the likely culprit.

Raymond

Junkyard, www.saturnparts.com or www.getsaturnparts.com

Mike

-1991 Turbo SL2 - Gone, but not forgotten.
11.809 @ 116.488 mph
www.differentracing.com

-2001 Chevrolet Suburban
-2011 Rally Yellow Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Low Saturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Low Saturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:06 AM   #3
SLCraig
Master Member
SLCraig is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2
2000 SW2

I have found the 3rd gens are less common to come with foglights than 2nd gens, but I have seen the odd foglight dimmer switch out in my local yard. They are there, just not tons of them it seems. that is where you have to go... Wreckers.

1996 SL2 5MT. 239KMs. Gone, but not forgotten.
2000 SW2 5MT. 133KMs. Gone, but not forgotten.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SLCraig's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SLCraig reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SLCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:30 PM   #4
ruley73
ruley73 is a jewel in the roughruley73 is a jewel in the roughruley73 is a jewel in the rough

2007 ION-2 Quad Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAAF01 View Post

Raymond
The fog light switch is not available as a separate part. It only comes as one piece along with the I/P dimmer knob as you described.

Junkyard is the best bet since new parts are getting harder to obtain by the day. This part from a 2000+ SC2, SL2, SW2 will work. If you can find a 2000+ SC2 that is the best bet since fog lights were standard equipment on all 1997-2002 SC2s. However, the 1997-1999 models have the 2nd gen interior, and thus don't have the part you need.

2007 Ion 2 Quad Coupe 5-speed manual 148K miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ruley73's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ruley73 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ruley73 is offline   Reply With Quote